Alabama Babies

Need Thoughts (Rolling over related)

Okay Aubrey hates hates hates tummy time!  Screams like a banshee during it.  Now she is holding her head up really well and likes lifting it when we are holding her against our shoulders and stuff.  We still give her tummy time though because that's what we are supposed to do.  

We have noticed that when she lays on her back and plays and in her crib at night on her back she is rolling herself to her side.  I have always heard that babies usually roll from tummy to back first, but she seems to be heading in the back to tummy roll.  

Is she going backwards and is this okay?  Has anyone else's LO done something like this?  

Re: Need Thoughts (Rolling over related)

• It's totally normal. Jake does the same thing. He hates tummy time by himself he will only do it on one of us. He will roll from his back to his tummy and  then gets mad because he is on his tummy.

Pregnancy Ticker

• That's how Aubrey is...she loves laying on one of us, but man any time we put her on her mat she screams!  Glad to know that it's normal.  I have been feeling like I am falling behind on this aspect because I hate for her to scream because of something like that.  Thanks Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Avery HATED tummy time. 

And she rolled from Back to Belly first.  That's my kid - always doing it the hard way - LOL.

I remember at Day Care they told me that she loved her new trick - rolling from back to belly but then would get mad because would get stuck on her belly.  It was a few days of that before A. got tired of the trick and moved on to other things

Don't worry though :)

• J rolled from back to belly first also :)  His arms always seemed to get in the way when he would roll from belly to back, and he would get frustrated and give up, lol. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"