Pregnant after 35
Options

Things to help move labor along

OK I just read a post on the 3rd Tri about different things to help move labor along. Among them are:  rough sex, pineapple, castor oil, walking/bouncing.....I think that was it. 

I have never heard of any of this and at this point would not consider trying any of them but ask me again in 10 weeks. 

Can any of these things possibly be safe?  Is there any truth to these things??

There were quite a few girls that knew all about them so maybe I am just totally out of the loop. 

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Things to help move labor along

• Options
    I ate 3/4 lb of fresh pineapple a day for a week and all it did was wear away the lining of my throat.  I walk...alot....I bounce on the yoga ball....and yet still here.  As far as the sex goes it's not the "rough" that matters but the prostaglannes(no idea how to spell that) in the semen that matters.  However my doctor didn't seem to think that mattered either.  Oh and the raspberry leaf tea? Nada.  But good luck maybe some of them will work for you!
  • Options
    I have heard of the rough sex (which my friend swears by, she has three and one on the way), walking and castor oil. Another one is nipple stimulation - don't know if it works though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    There is NOTHING I am less in the mood for than rough sex.
  • Options

imagekate&patrick:
    There is NOTHING I am less in the mood for than rough sex.

Amen sister! I think that it is just sex of any sort that is supposed to help. It is the only thing that I've seen that seems to be not a total myth. We've stepped up to the plate a couple of times this week but even regular sex is low on the list of things I feel like doing right now. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Eat pizza and walk up hill. That did it for me! The thought of sex at that time was the least on my mind!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I heard with DS that having a pedicure where they do the foot massage could trigger labor because of certain accupressure points on your feet. That being said, I had one the weekend before DS was due on Mon, and he had to be induced 3 days late. But I had great looking feet for his birth!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"