Attachment Parenting
Options

BFing problems :(

Long story made as short as possible... I work full-time. Went back to work at 7 weeks pp. DS has always taken expressed milk from a bottle without a problem. We moved to TN two months ago. He doesn't eat that well for the nanny. Some good days, some bad. But generally takes less than 12 ounces for her. No big deal because he nurses a lot when we're together. BUT - I have found that my breastmilk tastes funny. Not when fresh. But it seems I can only keep it in fridge for 24 hours. I've read all about too much lipase in BM. But I can't scald my milk at work. Plus it seems strange that we didn't have this problem before the move? Granted I didn't taste it very often, but we kept milk in the fridge for a week and he would take it happily. Thoughts? How much should I obsess over this? Any moms with lots of lipase that can share tips?
BFP#1 May 17, 2008
Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
BFP #2 September 25, 2008
Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #3 February 6, 2011
First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011

Re: BFing problems :(

• Options
    Oh - guess it could be the fridge but all of our other food keeps just fine. I'm buying a thermometer for the fridge this weekend to double-check.
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
  • Options
    Can you scald it all at the end of the day when you get home for the next day?  Also 12 ounces isn't too bad - that's what my baby eats generally while I'm at work, sometimes one more 3 ounce bottle, and he's a tank!  Good luck though, hope you get it figured out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We had fridge/freezer problems that I thought was a lipase issue.  It was getting stuck on defrost.  BM is much more "fragile" than other foods so it could affect it and not the rest of your food.

What a pain! 

• Options
    ditto scalding when you get home.  hopefully you figure out the problem!
    Jen & T.J. 6.17.06 BabyBlog * my chart *
    Joseph Henry was born at home on March 9, 2009
    Nora Mae was born at home on October 30, 2011
  • Options
    imageMA&CB:
    Can you scald it all at the end of the day when you get home for the next day?  Also 12 ounces isn't too bad - that's what my baby eats generally while I'm at work, sometimes one more 3 ounce bottle, and he's a tank!  Good luck though, hope you get it figured out.
    LOL! My DS is a big baby, too! 19 and a half pounds at 6 months. He usually takes only 8 or 9 ounces, and even that is a struggle some days. Previously was 12 or more with no problems. He's obviously thriving regardless and I don't really mind the night nursing... I just hate throwing away gallons of breast milk :(
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board