Parenting after a Loss
Options

Tell me I'm not a bad mommy!

Yesterday my LO wanted to nurse every hour, not even hungry, just wanted to comfort nurse half the time. Then I nursed her twice in the middle of the night, and twice this morning. After that, my boobs were so sore, I gave her a bottle of formula. We supplement every now and then anyway, but I felt so guilty for not bfing her, but my boobs just couldnt take anymore today. Has anyone else had a day like this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tell me I'm not a bad mommy!

• Options

When Jason wanted to comfort nurse too much we started giving him the pacifier in between feedings.  This way my boobs got a break and weren't too tired when it came time to feed him.

And no, you're not a bad mommy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Your so not a bad mommy!!! When Sara would cluster feed like crazy sometimes I would have DH give her a bottle from my stash jsut so I could have a break-- we need it sometimes!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Totally not a bad mom!  I think we need breaks every now and then just to keep our sanity!  You needed a break and not taking one would have probably been even more stressful.

BFP #1: 10/22/07; 12/12/07 - Missed m/c discovered, 12/13/07 - d&c
    BFP #2: 9/25/08; 10/27/08 - Blighted ovum discovered, 11/5/08 - b/o confirmed
    BFP #3: 1/19/09 - Chemical Pregnancy
    BFP #4: 2/12/09; EDD 10/26/09 - Richie born on 9/4/09 at 4 pounds, 10 ounces
    BFP #5: 5/27/11; EDD 2/4/12 - Sylvia is on her way!
    My Blog Attempt
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageVandy05:
    Your so not a bad mommy!!! When Sara would cluster feed like crazy sometimes I would have DH give her a bottle from my stash jsut so I could have a break-- we need it sometimes!!

I do this too! I give Cole a bottle from our pumped stash in the middle of the night if he clusters too long!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"