Indiana Babies

food ideas, please

I'm having 14-16 family members in for our LAST Christmas gathering. I'm up in the air about what to fix. There will be 3 kiddos (6 and 4 years old), 3 teenage boys and the rest are adults.

I would like something simple (crockpot or casseroles?).

Any suggestions?

TIA

Re: food ideas, please

• We have lasagna sometimes on Christmas Eve-if you wanted something  a little easier you could do baked ziti. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yum!  Baked ziti sounds awesome!

I hosted a Christmas luncheon this year and my friend and I made delish ham & cheese sliders.  We used the dollar-size Hawaiian sweet rolls and put dijon mustard, ham, and cheese on each one.  Then we melted butter and worcestershire sauce (I don't know the amounts because my friend did this part, but you could definitely eyeball it -- just enouch to pour around the sandwiches in a 9X13 pyrex) and then stuck them in the oven for 325 for 20 minutes.  They were phenomenal.  You could do these with a big salad or even a crock pot soup and enjoy!  These are also great because you can do them the night before and then just pour the sauce over them and pop em in the oven the day of.

• Loading the player...
  • I just bookmarked this recipe yesterday - it sounds a lot like what Jocelyn is talking about:

https://www.beantownbaker.com/2009/12/mini-ham-and-cheese-sandwiches.html

image Laura & Jason Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you don't go the Italian route, how about pulled chicken or pork in the crockpot.  People can assemble their own BBQ sandwich...
  • We always have chicken (or turkey) and noodles - the thicker Mrs Remes brand noodles that you get in the freezer section at the grocery.  Felt I should clairy as my MIL's version of chicken and noodles is very much like chicken noodle soup, very brothy and with skinny noodles.  We still do mashed potatoes and a couple other sides too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"