Working Moms
Options

Rainy day (or any day) activties for bigger toddlers?

My guys are almost 3. Any cool and simple ideas for fun activties at home? Without going to Michaels or Target?

Re: Rainy day (or any day) activties for bigger toddlers?

• Options

make a fort in the living room with pillows and sheets.

make hats for NYE

• Options
    Our nanny cuts up pieces of colored construction paper into 1/2 inch squares.  She then uses these colorful squares for a variety of different projects.  She cut out christmas tree shapes on white paper then had the boys glue the squares on.  She's also cut out houses, teddy bears, etc and done the same glue craft.  The boys LOVE it!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hide & Seek

pile up the pillows/ cushions and run around & twirl and then jump into the big pile (so says DD)

painting (blech, I'm sick of this one though)

have them "help" you bake

grab a bed sheet and do the parachute type games from when we were kids (ie toss toys on it and bounce them around or let hte parachute fall on your head)

• Options
    Totally saving this post - thanks, ladies!
  • Options
    Not sure I have much to add.  We do dance parties, play hide and seek and chase each other around the house.  The other day we did obsticle courses in the basement uses toys that we have like tunnels, a play tent, a ball, big blocks.  The girls loved it and it get them nice and tired and got a lot of energy out.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options

slumber party - pull out the sleeping bags, pop some popcorn and watch a classic kids movie with them (my kids love this and it's great for no nap days)

finger painting in the tub - mix paint with soap to help with washing off

play doh

board games

cooking (I have a recipe for homemade pretzels that's really fun to make with kids, but you need to have yeast)

dance party - turn on some music (we have toddler tunes on our on demand music on the TV) and have fun

exercise - we also have kids exercise shows On Demand from our cable co. 

Dress up

Go "grocery shopping" at home and have them make you a meal in their kitchen - my kids love to do this!

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    Good post!! Lets all try to keep adding to it to help each other out! I really need to find more arpund the house to save money too!! Some things I like is I have a yoga tape for kids - yoga for the kid in all of us and my son has liked it since he was 2! I also make "collages" with hi cut out pictures from catalogs and old magazines and let him glue on to a paper! Board games are good too! I like the slumber party idea or you could do an indoor picnic too!
  • Options

DS isn't old enough for most of this yet, but some things my mom did with my brother and I are:

finger paint - she put the paper in cookie sheets to cut down on mess
    make placemats - cut out pictures from magazines and glue them on tag board and then laminate
    make a fort - hang a blanket over the dining room table and sit in there with flashlights
    make and play with homemade playdough

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"