Two Under 2
Options

Bedtime ?

DH works an evening shift, so I have always done our bedtime routine by myself. He just went back to work after two weeks off, so I am back to doing bedtime by myself, but with the addition of DD. She tends to be crazy hungry at that time and want to constantly BF for an hour or two- that was fine when DH was here and could handle DS's bath, but I obviously can't do both by myself, and I can't get the hang of BF her while she's in a wrap. I considered moving DS's bath to earlier in the day so that I would have help, but it is a really big part of his bedtime routine and the only thing that really calms him down before bed.

Any suggestions?

Re: Bedtime ?

• Options
    For lack of an original option, there is a chance the bath, done earlier (or even in the AMs?) would not effect his going to sleep well. I always thought DD would not do well but surprisingly it has no effect on her so we do bath whenever we want/need to now. She's 19mos and has sttn since 8mos though so perhaps all those habits are really ingrained now?
  • Options
    We have the exact same problem, DH works nights.  I put #2 in bouncy, get #1 in bath, use one hand to wash/play with her while BFing #2.  #2 back in bouncy, put #1's PJs on.  I can.not.wait until I can put them both in the tub!  I can't nurse in a wrap either.  Bedtime story with a screaming infant is not fun either. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My younger one has always gone to bed earlier. But with #3 we will see. I put #2 down at 6 and give #1 a bath and get him ready for bed. ?? about #3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"