Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

bittersweet feelings about selling our house

DH & i were just talking about this...  he is down there putting the final  touches on our house, staging, signing papers, etc. asnd we got to talking about how it is kind of sad.  all of DS's firsts were there.  we redid his bedroom floor to ceiling just for him--new walls, windows, refinished floors, paint, everything.  playing "chase & tickle" through the living/dining/kitchen... yadda yadda.  it is kind of sad. 

but we wanted this move soooo badly.  blah. 

Re: bittersweet feelings about selling our house

• but just think about all the new memories you will get to have in the new place and with DD...life must go on, but enjoy the ride!
  • imageladysimpkins:
    but just think about all the new memories you will get to have in the new place and with DD...life must go on, but enjoy the ride!

i know i know

• Loading the player...
  • I so understand.  We're about to start the selling/moving process and if I think about leaving our house, I'll start crying.  I love our house...it just doesn't fit us all anymore.  All of our firsts are here...including this being our first house together.  It's a bittersweet move here too.  ((hugs))
    DD 6/17/08, DD 6/9/10, DD 12/15/11
    BFP 5/24/13 - Natural MC 6/7/13
    BFP 8/13/13 - Natural MC 8/27/13
    Ovarian Mass = removal of left ovary & tube 9/13
    BFP 4/24/14 - Tubal Pregnancy 5/7/14
    Removal of  ruptured right tube 5/8/14
    IVF or adoption??
  • aww. that must be hard. Just think of all the new firsts he and Z will have in the new house.

I couldn't imagine selling our house. It's been in my family since the 40's. My grandfather had it built from the ground up and It's never been owned by someone outside our family. I obviously have a very strong emotional attachment to the house, but DH doesn't and he is contstantly talking about how he can't wait to move, or how he wants to tear down the whole place (it's a duplex) and build one big house. There are so many family memories in that house, it would kill me to see it demolished.

• That's how I felt when we moved out of our house. DD was only 5 months old, but there were still a lot of memories from bringing her home and painting her nursery, etc. I get pretty attached to physical places that hold memories. I will say that since we've moved I've been a much happier mom, and we have a lot of new memories and it makes it totally worth it.
  • We felt the same when we moved from our first home. H and I both cried! (LOL)

We recently went back and visited and DS1 didnt remember the house at all. It was strange being back....but it reminded us of why we moved. We made the right choice (no yard, no family, etc.)

• I cried when we moved out of the apartment we brought DD home to. It was where I spent my pregnancy, where I brought her home, where we spent the first three months of her life. I can't imagine how hard it would have been moving from a place where we spent the first year of her life. 

::hugs:: to you. It's always hard to leave a place where you made memories, loved, laughed. 

• we love our house we already decided that in about 5-7yrs we are going ot be moving again to a bigger house ona isde street. I know that I am going to look at our house as the place we had all our kids and all the memories of it. It will be sad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we JUST went through this.  we moved Dec. 4....I was an emotional wreck!  To add to the fact DS had all his firsts in the house it was my grandparents house for 57 years before us so I felt I was saying goodbye to my grandparents since they both passed in the last 4 years.  you will be fine once the move is done and you are in a new place!  i promise!
  • I am going to be hugely emotional when we sell our house, so I know how you feel. {{hugs}}
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are planning on moving not too long after DC2 is born & DD has her 2nd birthday. I know I'll be a wreck, not only because of moving from the place where all of DD's firsts were but also because DH is talking about moving to NYC (or some other equally far away place) and getting out of the south so that would mean leaving all of our family behind, too. I'm almost in tears just thinking about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"