Upstate NY Babies
Options

Little Buddha and a ramble

Had an appt yesterday and my OB said that is how DD is sitting in my belly. So no last minute flips are gonna happen. So about 3 days from now we'll have a little girl!

It was so strange signing c/s paperwork and consent forms...and scheduling the birth of my baby like it was a dentist appointment.

I never got to the point with Evan where I was like "get this baby out of me!" but I'm pretty close to that now. Her head is so high that I feel like she's going to rip through my chest. I'm having cramps and contractions constantly.

I'm not ready to leave Evan...so that is another thing I'm having a very hard time with. I guess I just don't think anyone can take care of him. I know he'll be fine with my parents here and with DH coming to see him...but even DH doesn't know all the things I think Evan needs. Like, what if they don't cut up his banana the way he likes it and he won't eat it? - these are my hormonal and crazy emotional thoughts right now. : )

Plus, he can't come and visit me in the hospital b/c of H1N1. I think we're going to try a quick visit in the lobby though...if I am able to get wheeled down or something.

Re: Little Buddha and a ramble

• Options

good luck! I'm sure Evan will be fine and have fun with his grandparents. But I totally know what you mean... we are with them all day, and know every mood/cue, when they are w/ someone else their schedule is off.

Hope you have a relaxing New Year!

• Options

AWww, I'm sorry your LO didn't flip, but there are definitely upsides to a c/s too.  I had an elective c-section (after a really bad first labor with complications), and it was a relief to know that my DD was all set up with a family member before I left for the hospital and that it was predictable.  I also had a really good c-section experience.

Maybe your hospital has internet?  Can you Skype or something?  I will say it was a bit overwhelming for my DD to visit me in the hospital, and she was kind of fussy and bored after a while.. don't worry!  SHe was getting so much attention at home that it all worked out :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aww. I hadn't seen you around and thought for sure you'd already had her! Good luck!
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Options
    I laughed when I read "scheduling the birth of my baby like it was a dentist appointment." It would seem weird to me too. I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time leaving Evan, but I'm sure it'll be good for him and DH to have some good time together too. I hope you can have a nice lobby visit after DD is born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"