North Carolina Babies

If your parents / ILs are daycare...

...did you buy them a stroller, or do you just give them yours each morning? (Assuming you drop DC off at their house.)

Also, did you just register for extras of things for them to have, or did you wait and buy items when it came closer to the time they would watch DC?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If your parents / ILs are daycare...

• I just drop off the stroller with my ILs on the days when they watch DS. We didn't register for extra items. We just waited until DS was here and bought what ILs needed closer to the time when they started watching DS. Any duplicate items we received at our baby shower or as gifts we just held on to and gave to the ILs for their place. HTH!
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You might check out some of the spring consignment sales for stuff for the IL's as well... a secondhand stroller or high chair might be perfect for the amount of usage they'd require :)

My mom has her own diaper bag and pack and play already though, so what do I know ;) 

• Loading the player...
  • My mom is watching him for the month of January, then starting once per week in February.

For the carseat, she's just going to strap it in the car sans base (which is super-easy).  So that elimenated the need to buy a $70 base.  They have an umbrella stroller & convertible carseat already from my nephew.

She did buy a bouncer at consignment that Harrison LOVES - it was $15.  I would check out consignment sales for grandparents. 

• My parents watch our girls.  We did not register for anything for their house but have purchased things along the way.  They have a crib, a pack n play, a swing, a bouncy seat, a rainforest jumperoo, a stroller and lots and lots of toys.  We've bought everything new but only when it was a good deal or on sale.  But I would definitely check out consigment sales or Craigslist. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Sweet Girls

• imageBlairWaldorf:

For the carseat, she's just going to strap it in the car sans base (which is super-easy).  So that elimenated the need to buy a $70 base. 

This is what my parents did. I loaned them my stroller if they needed it. I gave them extra burp clothes, changing pads, etc to keep there. 

My mom bought toys, lightweight stroller (once DD was a little older), and pack and play for herself out of pure excitement....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"