Stay at Home Moms
Options

Made some more freezer meals- recipes in post

I posted a few weeks ago about some freezer meals I made. Here is what I did today. I feel so good- my freezer is stuffed with meals we are in good shape for a few weeks.

These are from the Once a Month Cooking book I got a few weeks ago.

Sour Cream Chicken

2 cups (16oz) Sour Cream

1/4 cup lemon juice

4 tsp Worcestershire sauce

2 tsp paprika

2 tsp celery salt

1/2 tsp chopped garlic (I grated it- ala Rachael Ray tip)

2 tsp pepper

6 boneless. skinless chicken breasts

3/4 cup dry bread crumbs *

2 tblsp parsley *

1/4 cup melted butter

Mix the sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire Sauce, paprika, celery salt, garlic and pepper. Pout into 1- gallon freezer bag and add chickn. Completely covering the clicken with the sauce. Label and freeze

To serve, pour thawed chicken into baking pan treated with non-stick spray. Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs, parsley and drizzle with melted butter. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes

Note- I cubed the chicken and split this recipe into two freezer bags for two seperate dinners

Chicken Dijon

3 tblsps butter

2 tablespoons flour

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts- cut in half

1 cup chicken broth

1/2 cup half & half

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

2 tomatoes - cut into wedges *

2 tablespoons parsley flakes *

Melt the butter in a large skillet. Cook the chicken breast pieces in the butter over medium heat until cooked through and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside to cool.

Stir flour into drippins in the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken broth and half & half. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens and bubbles. Stir in the mustard. Cook the sauce. Pour the chicken and cooled sauce into a labled 1- gallon feezer bag and freeze.

To serve, thae the chicken. Place the chicken and sauce in a skillet, cover and heat for 10 minutes. Garnish with tomatoes and parsley flakes.

Note- I split this recipe into 2 freezer bags for 2 servings

Chicken Durango

1/2 cup melted butter

5 tablespoons lemon juice

1 teaspoon garlic salt

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon dried oregano

salt and pepper to taste

4 boneless chicken breasts

Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a small bowl. Put the chicken into a labeled 1-gallon feezer bag, pour other ingrediants over it, and freeze.

To serve, thaw the ingrediants. Place in a baking dish treated with non-stick spray. Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes at 325 degrees.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Made some more freezer meals- recipes in post

• Options

I love doing freezer meals...  I however have just had a true anti-food stomach since I got PG.  My mind wants to do more meals, but my stomach can't take it...

Good for you!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks for posting, I'll be trying these!
  • Options
    Thanks for posting these!!!!!!  I will try these.  I have never done freezer meals before, but need to start with the lack of time I have during the day to prepare a full "meal".  These seem simple enough to start with! :)  
  • Options
    glad you guys like them. They are easy enough. I can't get into the whole hard-core cook a meal for EVERY day of the month. But these are good to have on hand.
  • Options
    thanks for sharing :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I am becoming a freezer meal junkie. Seriously, people have asked if I am preparing for the apocalypse, lol. I am looking forward to adding these to my stash! They look so easy and tasty. Thanks for posting!
  • Options

imageNerdBride_D&D:
    I am becoming a freezer meal junkie. Seriously, people have asked if I am preparing for the apocalypse, lol. I am looking forward to adding these to my stash! They look so easy and tasty. Thanks for posting!

same here. I am addicted. Do you have any easy recipes to share? I always say if I am going to break up a package of chicken breasts to freeze anyway- might as well take 10 more minutes and put some meals together- so simple with the assembly ones.

• Options

I have another chicken one for you that's really good if you want another idea.

6 chicken breasts
    1 cup parmesan cheese
    2 cloves crushed garlic
    1 packet italian dressing mix (comes in a box of 2 or 4)

combine parmesan, garlic, and seasoning in a shallow dish. trim chicken, wet it (or you could roll in egg, but i just give it a little water), then roll into mixture. wrap individually in plastic wrap, then foil, then bag. thaw before baking. cook at 350. i can't remember the exact cooking time, though. i think it was about 40, but my oven time is always off from recipe.

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    imageJAM2000:

imageNerdBride_D&D:

same here. I am addicted. Do you have any easy recipes to share? I always say if I am going to break up a package of chicken breasts to freeze anyway- might as well take 10 more minutes and put some meals together- so simple with the assembly ones.

I just went back to the post. Sorry for not replying earlier. None of mine are really easy. I grew up in a big family, and so I cook like I am serving 7 or 8 people instead of two adults and a toddler. When I make something, I split it in half and freeze it. I liked your freezer meals because they are easy and don't require me doing a lot of cooking before getting it in the freezer. 

• Options
    imageNerdBride_D&D:
    imageJAM2000:

imageNerdBride_D&D:

I just went back to the post. Sorry for not replying earlier. None of mine are really easy. I grew up in a big family, and so I cook like I am serving 7 or 8 people instead of two adults and a toddler. When I make something, I split it in half and freeze it. I liked your freezer meals because they are easy and don't require me doing a lot of cooking before getting it in the freezer. 

no worries. I cook like that too- my hubby says we have enough food for the "third armored division".....come to think of it, I don't know why he uses that term, we aren't a military family - hee hee- but I get his point!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"