Working Moms
Options

Ugh ... might have to go back to old schedule

I had my schedule adjusted several months ago after I returned from ML.  I was originally supposed to work 2 nights - 11am -8pm - and I talked to my boss and am now down to only one late night.  I love it!  It was supposed to be on a temporary basis .. while my DH coached ... because he would get home late every night ... making my DD stay with daycare or grandma longer than needed.  I was/am very thankful that my boss did this for me.  So today she comes back to me and says " so are you planning on going back to your 2 late nights?"  I said ... "well I was hoping to keep it the way it is because my productivity has not gone down ( it actually has increased) and it gives me a better work/life balance".  She said ... ok ... good point.  She also said that she will have to let her boss know, and he will make the final decision. 

I really hope I can keep this schedule.  If not,  I will be bummed.  I know that it was originally on a temp. basis ... but I would hate to go back to 2 late nights.  Ugh.  I am depressed thinking about it.  This is why I have also been looking for other jobs. 

Re: Ugh ... might have to go back to old schedule

• Options

Don't think about it until you know for sure.

At least when you are working later nights you get the morning free, right?

someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• Options
    Well, that stinks, but at least it sounds like it's a possibility to keep your current schedule.  Good for you on keeping productivity high. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"