South Florida Babies

Poll: New Years Eve

1) Is your office open, if you work outside the home? Are you scheduled to be there?

2) Plans for that night?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll: New Years Eve

• 1) Yes, we are open. And YES I have to work. Lord. I can only imagine how dead this office is going to be and am praying my boss lets me leave early.

2) No plans. Its going to be a very quiet New Year at home but I am hoping to make it a romantic one once Sophie goes down for the night. Not sure how I am doing this but am open to suggestions (besides the obvious tennis match I am planning). 

• 1) Is your office open, if you work outside the home? Are you scheduled to be there? Nope. I have so much work backed up though, that I SHOULD be working that day:( I'm trying to get it done today and tomorrow though!

2) Plans for that night?My mom always throws a little party, so we'll be going over there!

Mel- pop a bottle of champagne all over yourself! LOL nah jk, I'm sure you'll think of something fun though!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) Is your office open, if you work outside the home? Are you scheduled to be there?

Yup. We're open till 2 PM.

2) Plans for that night? We're spending it with family :) We usually do fireworks after the ball drops and eat 12 grapes, drink champagne, have a grand old time.

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMellyMelB:

1) yes, we are open. both dh & i work half days so we're lucky! last year we both worked until 6pm it was horrible!

2) early dinner at my moms, stopping by to visit dh's family (its his mom's bday) for some dancing...we'll be home before the countdown. i too hope to plan a nice tennis match as the clock strikes midnight! ;)

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) Yes, work is open; I am taking a personal day off and going to the dentist for a three hour deep cleaning at 8am....fun times.    

2) Enjoy our first New Years with the baby; have a nice dinner at home and drink some wine :)

• 1. N/A

2. We always do the same thing for New Year's b/c I HATE going out - restuarants tend to have crappy service and there are so many morons out driving around that I just prefer to stay home.  We will go get some lobster tails and filets and have a nice dinner with champagne and I'm going to make chocolate molten cakes for dessert and a cheese fondue appetizer.  

image image

• imageMrs.ClariC:

Mel- pop a bottle of champagne all over yourself! LOL nah jk, I'm sure you'll think of something fun though!

you know mel, that really doesnt seem like a bad idea...a bit sticky but nevertheless quite clever! lol

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. I'm still on maternity leave. I have to return to work Jan 4 :( but my office is technically open on the 31 but most people take vacation that day. 2. We are invited to a party at a friends house but we are undecided if we should go or just stay at home
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1.  Yes, our office is open until 2pm and I'm working - saving up those days for my leave.  MH is working too until 4pm or so.

2.  We're planning on staying home. I'm going to make a nice dinner - not sure what yet - love the idea of lobster tail (yummy), and do some arts and craft thing with the kids.  We shall see.

• 1. n/a

2. We bought lobster tails and a HUGE basket of stuff of Sams to open...that sucker has caviar and 5 types of chocolate and crackers and so much more...I sound like an infomercial. Champagne and opening my new toy sound like a good way to saying thank god we made it through and please let 2010 be better

• 1) Is your office open, if you work outside the home? Are you scheduled to be there?  Yes, the office is open, but will close at noon.  I took the day off b/c of vacation

2) Plans for that night? We will be in CO!  I know the resort has a NYE celebration, but a 9pm, so not sure where we will ring in the new year!

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 1) On maternity leave...but my boss is leaving out of town tomorrow, so even if I were working, I would have been off :)

2) Dinner at my parents' house, then party at a friend's house. The baby is tagging along with us, so it won't be too wild of a party, but we'll be celebrating nonetheless!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • the university is closed, but my office is open until 12; of course, I will be working!

we're not sure, but we are thinking of doing Delray Beach's first night downtown.  It's filled with family things. 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • 1. n/a

2. Sean's working so I'm pretty sure the girls and I will be at my parent's house for the night. Wild and crazy I am! lol

• 1) I don't work but Matt's office is open and he does have to work at least half day.

2) No plans because we don't have a sitter.  Well, that's not true, I plan to be in bed by midnight :P

• 1- My office is open but I won't be here because Friday (the holiday) is my regular day off so I get to observe the holiday on Thursday.

2- DH and I really wanted to do something low key, and didn't want to be out with the baby... somehow this ended up in my parents and inlaws coming to our house. Not quite sure how that happened... lol!

• 1. DH is working that day. My job doesn't allow for holidays off....LOL.

2. We are staying home this year.  We went to a party last year with a bunch of families, but it was really hard for Nicholas tostay up that far past his bedtime and he got very restless and cranky.  I tried getting him to go to sleep, but there was no way he was able to fall asleep at a strange house with so much noise.  And also, to tell you the truth, these days I can barely keep my eyes open past 9:30 and since I can't drink anyway, a party just doesn't sound like fun to me.

• LOL. A champagne bath. Hmmm. DH would like it better if I used rum. LMAO! That would be a crazy way to ring in 2010.
  • 1. We close for 2 weeks, so we're off. DH was supposed to work because we were going to ring in the new year in Disney, but with L getting sick, that didn't happen.

2. No plans right now. My mom and MIL will prob come over for a but. DH and I will prob stay up till midnight, but L is going to sleep. He stayed up until almost 11 PM on Christmas Eve and that night ws NOT a pretty night.

• 1.) Yes we're open. No, I'm not working.

2.) Going to my FIL's house. No biggie.

• 1) Is your office open, if you work outside the home? Are you scheduled to be there?

Yeap, we're open.  I was hoping to work from home tomorrow but I think my boss will be in the office and since this is my first week back after maternity leave, I don't want to start taking advantage of the working from home thing...  I'll for sure be leaving earlier than usual though :-)

2) Plans for that night? We're gonna spend it at a friend's house.  They live nearby and are having a party; we spent it there last year and had fun..

• 1) Yes my office is open but no I won't be there. Obviously have bigger obligations with Gary being in the hospital this New Years Eve. Sad

2) My plans involve going home in time to put Mikey down for bed so that I can wish him a Happy New Year before he goes down and then heading right back to the hospital. I promised Gary that I'd be there to watch the ball drop in Times Square in his room with him. I don't want him to be alone as we go from 2009 to 2010

Yes. I am currently at work.  Crying I will be here til 4. DH is off today (regular day off) but he has to work tomorrow on New Years Day.

2) Plans for that night?

We aren't doing much. We moved yesterday from Pompano to Boca and we are living out of boxes and can't find anything. I will most likely be cleaning and putting stuff away. We don't have cable or internet yet, so will probably go to my Mom's to watch the ball drop (thankfully we now live 6 streets away!)

Happy NYE everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"