Alabama Babies
Options

Feeding boosters?

Anyone use one of these for baby?  I'm guessing they are the same thing as bumbo seats or what?

I went to Target.com to check out the high chairs as we are preparing to start giving DS solids in the next couple weeks.  I would like to have him sit at the table w/ us at some point when he starts feeding himself.

Anyway, came across the feeding boosters section and thought it was interesting.  Does your LO use a feeding booster or high chair, something else?  How does it work for you?  Like it, love it, can do without it?  Please do tell.

Re: Feeding boosters?

• Options
    I don't have a baby yet but my sister does and she uses this and loves it. Also, I just had lunch with a friend and she brought hers along with her for her son, she said she prefers it over the restaurants highchairs because she knows how clean it is.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

At home, we use a high chair (we have on that rolls around and the height is adjustable)...he sits in the bumbo sometimes but can almost buck out of it!

Out, we wipe down the restaurant high chairs and use a cover we got from Walmart.  It's worked pretty well for us so far :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I decided to use one of these b/c our kitchen table(we use it more than the dining table) is a bistro table and is pretty tall so the high chair may be a little cumbersome to feed him in. Also, my brother and SIL used these and loved them plus they take up a lot less space.
  • Options

We received this as a shower gift:

https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster-Seat/dp/B000WUF4LS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1262117215&sr=8-1

I really enjoy it b/c we just have an eat-in kitchen and didn't have room for a big highchair. I can put it on a chair at the table or on the floor for her to eat in. We also carry it to our parents' homes, on vacation, etc. It is really nice to have and is easy to tote around. There are several different kinds out there...we dont really use the toy attachment, so I guess we could have gotten one that didn't have that.

• Options

I don't think the bumbo seats are supposed to be used as booster seats. (Or on elevated surfaces.) Just fyi.

We have the spacesaver highchair which is kind of like the booster seat in that it is attached to one of our dining room chairs. When we are having dinner we put her in the high chair and she eats finger foods while we eat our dinner.

My mom and dad also have the Fisher Price healthy care booster seat and it works a lot like our spacesaver highchair, only without the extra padding.

Both seats can serve as a highchair with the tray, or just as a booster seat without the tray as baby gets older.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
    mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
    natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
    DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

• Options
    We have one of the booster seats with a padded back that straps on to a dining room chair.  It works great - he sits in it at dinner and sometimes sits in it to play with toys.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks you guys!  This really helps me.
  • Options

we just have a high chair at home and then a cover that fits over high chairs.  I love love love mine.

www.kozypalcartcovers.com.  it fits over high chairs and shopping carts. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"