Single Parents
Options

What have you turned to, to help you deal with all of it?

I have been talking to just about anyone who will listen, and listening to music.

My sil, had me listen to this song the other day, and she hadn't really ever listened to the words. I cried like a baby, but I love it. It is on point, and in some way gives me peace.

Some days I want to talk, some days I just want to cry, other days I'm a-okay and don't think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJeHk1gDT68

What are you doing to help you cope?

Re: What have you turned to, to help you deal with all of it?

• Options
    I went to therapy, was on anti depressants, and took a class at my church called Divorce Care.  I highly recommend all of them.  I think I should still be in therapy actually, bc I know it helps and now I have a whole new set of anger issues toward Douchebag now that our son has been born.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I havent gone to any therapy or anything like that. Instead, I run.  I have always loved running and racing competetivly.  I don't start training for my next half marathon till mid feb so now I just run till I feel better. . .which sometimes takes a while.  It helps that I know our marriage fell apart NOT because of me and I kind of wanted to end it all earlier this summer but didn't have "a sign" that it was done till stbxh became Captain Incarcerated on the 13th.  I also talk to anyone who will listen about what is going on and everyone has been super supportive.  (turns out, most of my family hated him from the second we started dating) Some things are still hard (lost it when I found dried flowers from our wedding in my parents closet) but for the most part, I feel like I am finally back to me.  The past 3 years that I was with him made me feel like I was on drugs. . .What was I thinking when I agreed to some of the stupid "advice" he would give me. . .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go to an individual therapist and also have lots of support from family and friends!  And a glass of merlot once in awhile does wonders!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have been trying to talk about with with friends and allowing myself to break down and cry every once and a while. I need to get myself into therapy but I can't find the time or the money, which stinks. 
  • Options
    Therapy has saved my sanity.  I was diagnosed with PTSD so meds have also helped.  Good friends, a supportive family and the occasional glass of wine don't hurt either.
  • Options

I didn't have DD when I went through my divorce and I definitely didn't deal with it in a healthy way.  I was 23 and I had been with my XH for 7 years.  I never got to live the college life when I was in college and went out and partied a lot after we seperated.  That is when I met DDs dad.

DD saved me from myself.

• Options
    I am starting to see a new counselor. I will be going regularly once my LO arrives. I am also focusing on making the best life for my child, reaching my goals when it comes to school/work and just really appreciating the time I have with my family.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"