North Carolina Babies

Sleepsack question

Claire doesn't seem to like being in a swaddleme so I'm thinking of trying a sleepsack.  Are they meant to be worn over PJs, for instance, her footed cotton or fleece PJs?  Or do you just put them in a long sleeve onesie?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sleepsack question

• I highly suggest the Halo sleep sacks, they don't have arms but I've read that is better, it keeps baby from over heating. We have used the cotton for summer and now use the fleece and they are VERY breathable compared to the Carters brand fleece sleepsack that left Jocelyn a sweaty mess (even when she was Claire's age we gave up because she would get so hot in the Carters until I splurged on the Halo ones).

We use it over full footed cotton pj's with no over heating issues.We've also just had her in non footed pj's and she has woken up in the morning with nice warm (bare) feet. I think in the winter if you do a fleece sleeper with pjs Claire should be fine.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep, Liam has always worn them over pjs.  For wintertime, we do cotton pjs and fleece sleepsack.  GL!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • In the winter, we've been putting on a onesie, PJ's, and then the sleepsack.  DD seems to sleep a little better with the layers.

Are there brands other than Halo?  The ones I have are sized 0-9 Mos. and I think I'll need some new ones soon, and wonder what the brand options are.

• Lillian didn't like to be swaddled either, so she has slept in Halo Sleepsacks for a while now.  She is warm natured, so we put her in a long sleeved onesie then the sleep sack.  Keep an eye on Kids.woot.com , they had some for $2.99 in November.  If I see them again I will post on here.
  • I put a fleece sleepsack over a short-sleeved onesie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"