Pittsburgh Babies

morning sickness

Hi all! Im a new member to the bump, and a new mommy to be. I am 13 weeks and 4 days and I have had a miserable/uncomfortable first trimester.  I thought that I would be in the clear by now, but I continue to vomit daily. My sickness was so severe, that I had to be put on zofran. (I was vomiting up to 5 times a day!) It helped, however, the symptoms did not go away. I continue to lose weight (however my doctor is not concerned) and have difficulty eating. Has anyone else experienced such a horrible first trimester? And is it unusual for me to still be vomiting? Please help! This is so new to me!

Re: morning sickness

• sounds just like me!  My first tri I on average threw up 10-15 times a day! I was also put on Zofran but I still got sick.  The second tri it did ease up some with the throwing up but there were still bad days when I would get sick.  I am one month away from my due date and I still get sick sometimes(mostly at night).  I have learned what foods don't agree and I just try to stay away from them. 

MY dr told me that it is common for woman to lose weight in their first tri so don't be too worried.  I also have days when I hardly want to eat at all because food just does not look or smell good.  It will all work out..just hang in there!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have not tried this... but someone recommended Papaya Pills (can be found at natural food stores) and she swore by these.

I had only nausea and very little throwing up; zofran did help with it and mine were mostly at night too. I am 37 weeks now and I still get it sometimes, I have just learned to eat more protein to help settle my stomach.

Then the usual, ice, ginger ale, stuff like that...

Hope you feel better!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"