Blended Families

Is it appropriate?

DH wants SS to come and live with us for the opportunity to go to a better high school.  We have a 2 bedroom condo.

We have a 2 year old girl together.  Is it appropriate for a 2 year old girl to share a bedroom with her 14 year old ? brother?  A brother is a brother.  I don?t care about ?.

I don?t think it is appropriate if it?s a half or a full brother.  What do you think?

Re: Is it appropriate?

• Nope.
    Stay at Home Mama to 3 Beautiful Children by the miracles of Birth & Adoption
  • I would check with state laws first. In my state, once a child reaches either 5 or 7, they are no longer allowed to share a room with the opposite sex, regardless of relation.
    ~*March 26th, 2011 - The day I marry my best friend*~ Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers image 44 Invitations sent out!
    image 70 guests are joining the celebration!
    image 11 friends are sad they can't make it
    image 20 people are procrastinators!
    RSVP Date: 2/28/2011
  • Loading the player...
  • No, I don't think it is appropriate at all... Nor do I think that it is realistic to even consider this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hell no.  And in some states it is illegal and if he went to court I would be shocked if they gave him custody in this situation.  Your only option would be for the 2yo to move to your bedroom and SS have his own room.  Better high school is one thing but sharing a room with a 2yo girl (or better yet, a 2yo girl sharing a room with a 14yo boy) is not a better situation MOST of the time.)  Either you move or you cannot even bring this up.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • No. Not appropriate, for anyone involved. Not for the 2 yo who will inevitabley be exposed to things she shouldn't be. Not for the teen who needs privacy, and space.
    I agree with other posters. You need to move before this is an option.
  • imageMABELLL:

DH wants SS to come and live with us for the opportunity to go to a better high school.  We have a 2 bedroom condo.

We have a 2 year old girl together.  Is it appropriate for a 2 year old girl to share a bedroom with her 14 year old ? brother?  A brother is a brother.  I don?t care about ?.

I don?t think it is appropriate if it?s a half or a full brother.  What do you think?

No.  If your DH wants SS to live with you, you need to find a larger place to live.

• Definitely not appropriate....

And I agree with PP on either finding a bigger place or moving the 2 y.o. into your room if your DH wants your SS to move in.

DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• The relation has nothing to do with it, its the age. All appropriateness aside though... can you imagine being a 14 y/o boy and trying to do boy things, with a 2 y/o girl all in your space? Or vice versa?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not at all. Happy house hunting.
  • Thanks ladies.  I did not think so either.
  • Not appropriate at all. Do you have infrequent visitation with SS now? I am suprised he doesn't have his own room already
  • Agreed with everyone else. If it's terribly important he go to a better high school...start looking for a bigger place with 3 bedrooms.
  • imageKyah:
    Not appropriate at all. Do you have infrequent visitation with SS now? I am suprised he doesn't have his own room already

Good point and not sure how none of us questioned that sooner.  Where do the kids sleep today during

Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • My SS is here for a visit and both are in the same room due to a mold issue my DS room.  It's a PITA.  My SS is 17, never in the room aside from sleep but just the "personal space" issue.  I went in there yesterday to change sheets and his crap was all over the place.   I decided at that moment that my idea of them sharing a room "temporarily" if he came for an extended summer would never work. 

• no, not fair for the 14 yo.
  • Most counties/states have laws regarding this.  It would be illegal. 

And even if it were not appropriate, it would not be FAIR to either child.  They each need their own space. 

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • No.  More than anything it seems really unfair to the kids- especially the 14 year old.
  • definitely not
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"