TTC after 35

Back from the u/s- finally good news

Everything is great.  Heartbeat was 153 beats per minute- exactly where it should be.  Size and everything looked good.  I'm done with the RE.  She put me through hell for nothing.  Her machine is crap compared to the one today.   I'm not even calling her with the results- I'm going to call my OB and just make a regular appointment. 

After seeing the heartbeat, I celebrated by crying and then puking.  Yep- morning sickness is here full force now.  It's a beautiful thing since I know it's a good thing for the bean but I dont' think the ultrasound tech liked it too much!   I can't even go to work right now because I'm still shaking.  I really was prepared for the worst.

I want to thank all of you for being my rock through all of this.  I didn't tell many people IRL about IVF this time so it's been all of you who have given me support through all of it.  The odds were really against us - I'm 42 (almost 43), overweight and dh has low sperm/motility and I'm a poor responder to the stims.  I hope that this gives you hope that IVF actually can work for someone with all this against them.

I don't think the roller coaster ride is over yet - I'm sure there will be more bumps along the way, but I could never have gotten through it this far without all of you on this board.  Only you know the ups and downs of IF and the struggle and self-doubt that we go through.  I'm going to check in on the board if that is ok because I really care how you are doing.   And a special shout out to cfreshyg, QE2, and MrsKario and DinaLINY.  Thanks so much for all your throughts and hopes for me.  I hope to see you all over on SAIF very soon!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Back from the u/s- finally good news

• Yay!  That's such awesome news!  I always love to hear about SAIF stories...it makes me so hopeful for our IVF.  Have a wonderful pregnancy...morning sickness and all.  (Funny how we would all love to be getting sick every day!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • God bless you. I am so happy to hear you that you and baby are fine. I'm going through the same thing right now and am testing in an hour. I hope my results come back with happy news too. H&H 9 mos!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejandjay:
    God bless you. I am so happy to hear you that you and baby are fine. I'm going through the same thing right now and am testing in an hour. I hope my results come back with happy news too. H&H 9 mos!

Good luck to you too!  Sending positive thoughts and vibes your way!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again

• I'm overjoyed for you, that's such a relief!!!  I was thinking about you over the weekend and am so glad your little bean is growing.  congrats on the morning sickness!!!
  • That's great news!  I'm so happy for you:)
  • Congrats on the great news and boo to your RE for putting you through so much crap!  I wish you the very best and most enjoyable pg ever!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Yay!  So exciting to hear the heartbeat!  I am so happy for you!!!  GL!  H&H 9 months and TONS of sticky dust!!!
  • JILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am THRILLED - just over the moon. I had a feeling this would be the turnout, so glad it's official now Party!!! and thanks for the shout-out Left Hug started my stims last night my ER is scheduled for next week (if I am a good responder), fingers crossed!!

YAY for you!!!!!!!!!!!

• Yay!  What a relief!!  That RE of yours really caused a lot of stress for nothing. Congratulations!!!!
  • Great news!  Congrats and good luck!
  • Jill,

This this wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. Please stay in touch!

carrie

ps... I teared up when I read your news.

• THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
    Im so happy for you.  And I am sending some serious negative thoughts to your RE for putting you through this hell. 

Congrats to you and your DH. Please keep posting on this board.  I will be looking forward to seeing pics of your beautiful baby bump! 

• Soo happy for you.. I started tearing up when I read your post!! Congrats!! I just turned 40 & beginning my 2nd IVF on January 9th..you have given me HOPE :) .. Congrats & much good luck to you in the next months...
    IVF - 9/09 - BFN! :( IVF #2 - ER 3/16; ET 3/18 with one embryo Beta 3/30 -- BFN! :( IVF #3 - 5/10 - BFN! IVF #4 - 11/10 - BFP. m/c at 6weeks :( FET #1 - 2/11 - BFP. beta on 2/21 :) Thank you God! :) u/s on 3/7 showed TWINS! u/s on 3/11 TWO heartbeats! Couldn't be happier :)
  • Congratulations!  Please keep us updated here on your progress:)  I love success stories.
  • I'm very happy for you, that is awesome.  One thing to consider: while I understand your frustration with RE - he/she is the person that got you preggos.  However, it may benefit you to suggest that they purchase new equipment.
  • That's wonderful news JillAly!!! I'm so happy that everything looks good so far. Wow, what a hectic cycle you've had....almost cancelled to questionable ultrasounds. I hope everything is so much easier for the rest of your journey. Hoping to see you on SAIF soon :)
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • congrats and good luck

• Thanks everyone.  I appreciate it.

• I'm so glad to hear this great news!  Congrats!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • Yea for you, very exciting! and boo to the RE and her crappy equipment.....you would think with what they charge they could be a piece of equipment that works!
    1 ectopic 3 m/c's prior to 5/05 Un-freaking-explained IF 5/05 IVF, BFN 9/05 FET 3d5e, BFP = Beautiful Baby Girl (lucky pg #5) 8/08 Fet 3d5e, cp 12/08 IVF with PGD, transfer 3, BFN 5/09 FET transfer 4, BFN Hail Mary IUI with Follistim 9/11 BFP; 9/22 confirmed tubal/MTX 4/10 FET 3d5e, BFP!!!! m/c 5/26/10 1 year break and yet another m/c 5/11 FET #5 initial beat 121, second beta 7 Lap and removal of L tube and very mild endo 7/11 Suprise BFP 12/11 & m/c @ 8 wks. After 11 losses and one beautiful miracle our journey is over, we are thankful and at peace.
  • Hooray, Jill!!!  I am so happy that you got such wonderful news!  I knew everything would turn out great.  Keep us posted on little bean!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Your post made me tear up!  I'm so happy for you and so glad one of "us" is making it to the other side!
    TTC #1,
    IUI #1: December 2008 - BFN
    IVF #1: Microdose Lupron - July 2009; only got 1 egg; BFN
    IVF #2: Natural IVF - Sept 2009; BFP!; D&C Nov. 2009
    IVF #3: Natural IVF - ER: Feb 4, 2010 - 1 "M2" egg retrieved; ET: Feb 9; Beta#1 (19dpo): 2567; Beta #2: 6933; BFP w/ singleton w/strong hrtbt! DS born October 2010
    TTC#2
    IVF #4: Natural IVF - ER: Nov. 20, 2011; ET: Nov. 25, 2011; BFP! Beta#1 (19dpo): 1918; Saw hrtbt on 12/28/11!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Great news!  Couldn't be happier for you!
  • I am SO freaking happy for you!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"