North Carolina Babies
Options

Do high chairs need to have a tilting back?

SIL got this high chair from my ILs and I liked it so much they said they would get it for me, too. But, I've wondered if I should get one with a back that tilts. Is that a necessity in a high chair?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do high chairs need to have a tilting back?

• Options

I like the option.  When we first started having DD in the highchair, it was before she was even eating in it (but so she could be at the table with us when we ate dinner).  I felt better about it being a little tilted back since she didn't sit up by herself at the time.

Now, when she's in it eating, she's fully upright.  But as we teach her how to use/hold her sippy cup, we tilt it back a little b/c she can't really tilt the cup enough herself.  So...tilting is an option that we've found useful!

• Options
    It was helpful when she first started eating solids.  She wasn't sitting well yet.  We started solids at 4 months.  So it was definately helpful for us!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the tilting option.  It's easier for Brayden to hold the bottle at the right angle when he's tilted as opposed to sitting straight up.
  • Options
    I BF, so I never used the highchair for feeding until around 6-7 months and even then, we've never tilted it.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• Options

imagecmbrown:
    It was helpful when she first started eating solids.  She wasn't sitting well yet.  We started solids at 4 months.  So it was definately helpful for us!!

This! 

(And I never knew people used high chairs for bottle feeding! Learn something new everyday...)

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options

We've never used it for bottle feeding. In fact, Holly still won't hold her own bottle. She can, she just won't. Lazy kid. :-)

We started solids at 5 mos and used the Bumbo for the first few weeks, then moved to the high chair. Mine doesn't recline, and honestly, I've never missed that feature (or noticed it didn't have it!)

I will forever and always recommend the FP Spacesaver. That thing is awesome. :-)

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    We've never had a tilting high chair and never saw any need for it.  The kids didn't sit in the high chair until they were eating solid foods, and needed to be sitting up.  They've never had a bottle in the high chair, and simply learned to tip the cup up enough when using one that didn't take a straw.  I used something similar to what Hughes posted, only way more simple, and it was always enough.  I think the chair you have picked out is gorgeous and will work perfect.  I used one similar to that one at a friends house a few weeks ago and loved it...if I was going to buy a high chair I would buy that one.  
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone. I never thought I would debate the merits of every baby product as much as I have, and this is just the tip of the iceberg! I appreciate your help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"