Two Under 2
Options

Joining the 2u2 club and VBAC hopeful with ?'s...

So DH and I just found out we are expecting #2 and I had a c-section with DS, so my questions are: should I try to find a midwife for this delivery? (I've heard that they have higher success rates with VBACs)  Did anyone here have a VBAC?  Was it successful?  Just looking for some inspiration Big Smile  TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Joining the 2u2 club and VBAC hopeful with ?'s...

• Options

Congrats and best wishes!

Now, I didn't VBAC (both girls were breech and I wasn't allowed with DS because of 2 prior c's), but I know many people that have and said it was the BEST choice they could have made.

If you want to VBAC, make sure that your OB is PRO-VBAC, not just someone who has performed VBAC's. There's a big difference. Some OB's will tell you that you can VBAC as long as "all your ducks are in a row" and you must have "optimal conditions" in order to VBAC. At the first sign of something not going the way they would like, they will suggest a c-section before trying to allow you to VBAC.

Also, ask what your hospital policy is - some hospitals don't allow VBAC's anymore.

You would have a better chance with a midwife because they would do everything in their power to get you to VBAC.

GL to you - it's a big decision to make, and if that's the route you want to go, then I suggest doing all your research to make it happen.

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Options
    I'm going to try one in March.  I don't have a midwife...just delivering at a pro VBAC facility.
    Nathan Thomas, C-section (frank breech), September 22, 2008 Maren Anne, VBAC, April 6, 2010 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also am attempting a VBAC in May.  My OB is pro-VBAC but I do not have a midwife.
  • Options
    I will also be attempting a VBAC with this pregnancy.  My doctor is very pro-VBAC.  He is the one that is encouraging me to at least give it a try.  He will not induce me though (he will only use low-doses of pitocin if labor stalls) so if I don't go into labor on my own I will not be allowed to attempt the VBAC.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    same with me - using an OB and need to go into labor naturally by my due date.  We'll see....
  • Options
    my sis had a v bac with dd #2, less than 2 years after dd#1.  Scheduled induction with her ob just to be sure there were no complications- all went great. 
  • Options
    I'm a teacher and I remember in my college infant and pregnancy class that it's a big financial ripoff. The large majority of people with only one c-section can have successful VBACs. It's just that Drs get paid way more for c-sections and use the "safety" as an excuse for the bigger paycheck. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"