Health & Exercise
Options

What are you doing at the gym?

What is your routine at the gym nowadays?

I'm finding myself growing increasingly bored... before my bfp I did a round of Making the Cut. When we found out I was pregnant, the doctor told me to keep doing whatever I was already doing - but I don't think she knew what intensity I was working out at!

I have kept up my running (on the track - but I'm slooooow), biking, and full body weights, and I've started doing sets of stairs for variety. But now I'm getting bored! 

I go to prenatal yoga once a week and that has been fabulous! And I have a few prenatal dvds at home (FitMom Prenatal and the Gabrielle Reece prenatal one).

So what are you doing to keep things interesting? Have you found any good weight routines for at the gym? I've mostly been doing modified moves from 30 Day Shred and including various lower body weight bearing exercises. 

Re: What are you doing at the gym?

• Options
    I am still working with my personal trainer- that helps keep the weights fresh.  As for cardio I try to mix it up between run/walking, eliptical, and biking.  I plan to add prenatal yoga soon (so sad that my gym does not have this).  Other generic things to keep it interesting: music and TV's at the gym- sad I know.
  • Options
    I am still working with my personal trainer- that helps keep the weights fresh.  As for cardio I try to mix it up between run/walking, eliptical, and biking.  I plan to add prenatal yoga soon (so sad that my gym does not have this).  Other generic things to keep it interesting: music and TV's at the gym- sad I know.  Good Luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sorry for the multiple posts- stupid computer!
  • Options
    I also work with a trainer. We started working together when i was about 14 weeks. She has me do lots of sumo squats, leg press, leg curls/extensions, rows, flies, lots of different arm exercises with free weights, and even back extensions. For cardio i have stuck to 30 mins of walking followed by lots of stretching. SHE SAID NO STAIR CLIMBING as it promotes tight hip flexors and that will be no good when ur trynna push a baby out.
  • Options

I *highly* recommend prenatal yoga! It's not only a really good stretch, but it's a great way to meet other pregnant women. At the beginning of each class, the instructor has us go around the room and talk about any issues we might be having - so if there's a lot of hip pain one week, she focuses on hip pain. 

Maybe a new playlist on my iPod would be enough variety for me... That's a good job for DH!  

• Options

imagechrisc4806:
    SHE SAID NO STAIR CLIMBING as it promotes tight hip flexors and that will be no good when ur trynna push a baby out.

Oh no! I thought I was doing something good for myself since I get so winded doing stairs now. Sigh. Thanks for the heads up!! 

• Options
    Hi ladies!  I'm new to this board.  I'm sticking with my same pre-pregnancy routine, just toning it down a bit.  I swim for an hour 3-4 times a week and run for an hour 3-4 times a week.  I also start prenatal yoga at the end of January.  So far I feel like the only reason I have any energy at all is because of my work outs.  I'm so freaking tired all the time, but I'm even more tired on the days that I don't exercise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm mostly doing my normal pre-preg routine with a few modifications. I lift weights two days/ week and run three days/ week. I normally run outside but tonight will be my first treadmill run. It was in the 20s when I got up this a.m. which is cold to a southerner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"