Single Parents

So.... my exMIL stopped by (very long)

XP

She held Jackson in her arms and talked really sweet to him and we visited for a minute.  It was kinda awkward.  She didn't bring Jack a Christmas gift, but she did give me four page letter.  She asked me to go ahead and read it.  So I did.  It started off about how I should move on with my life, how she knows I am trying to ruin Joshua's life, how I am very bitter toward Joshua because he has moved on, how she knows that I lied when I told her that Joshua wanted me to have an abortion because he would never do that, how she doesn't think I ever loved him, I threaten him, I try to keep Pumpkin from him, I am not only hurting Joshua but also his entire family, on and on and on, so much more but I won't bore you with any more BS. 

I was boiling.  I thought about snatching my baby from her hands and kicking her out of my house but I bit my tongue and said, do you want to talk about this?  She said yes, and I started off with the abortion thing.  I said, "I haven't mentioned it to you in a long time, because I know that you will believe what ever you want, but he badgered me day and night to have an abortion.  When I found out about J's chromosomal issues, I considered it, bc the first dr told me he would probably die, then another dr told me he would have lots of medical issues, and finally they said they just don't know what the outcome would be.  That was not enough information for me to make a decision like that.  I told Joshua once again that I would not terminate the pregnancy and he left for good.  I seriously don't understand how you don't believe me considering he wants nothing to do with his son." 

She went on to say that she knows that I have had the police come out to his work to talk to him.  I told her the police came to my house looking for him bc a creditor wanted to serve him.  Pumpkin saw the entire thing.  I told them where he lives and where he works, because the officer ASKED ME.  I am not going to lie to a police officer to protect him.  She said she wasn't talking about that, she was talking about how I called the police and told them that Josh threatened Jackson and me, and they went to his work to talk to him about it. WHAT?? I told her that NEVER HAPPENED.  That is a complete and total lie.  I told her that Josh has said many mean and horrible things about Jackson, but he has never threatened to kill him.  I told her if  that did happen that Joshua would have been arrested, not talked to.  I told her that I would be happy to call Josh right in front of her and talk to him about it.  She said no, she didn't want me to bother him.

I told her that she is right that I am bitter toward Joshua, but it is bc of the way he treats his son.  I told her that Josh has had nothing to do with him, didn't come to the hospital when he was born, didn't give him a Christmas present, he hasn't paid any child support, not even bought one damn diaper for his son.  I told her it is not Jackson's fault.  J deserves to have his father in his life.  I actually had hope for Joshua before Jackson was born, not for US, but hope that he would be a good father to Jackson.  I thought once he saw Jack that he would have a change of heart and do the right thing.  He proved me wrong.

I told her I don't threaten him except to say that we will be going back to court for child support.  I told her he should take care of his son, and he should see him.  I told her that I will have the visitation modified to say that he will see both children or neither one of them.  She nodded like she thought that was a good idea. 

She said that I keep Punk from Joshua she knows I didn't let Joshua have Pumpkin on his birthday.  I told her that she was right that I didn't let him have her on his birthday, but that was because he stood her up the weekend before - didn't show up to pick her up, and didn't call or text.  He completely stood her up, so I didn't feel so inclined to let him have her on his bday a few days later.  I also told her that this week was Joshua's week to have her, and he knows it, bc we talked about it.  He should have her from Christmas Day to New Year's Day, but he brought her home 6 hours after he picked her up.  I don't know why, I didn't ask, and I didn't care.  I wanted her home so it was fine with me.  If he wanted to see her, he could have her this whole week.

God I am sick of talking about this, so I'll just cut to the chase.  We kinda left it open, she didn't say she wanted to see Jack again, I didn't ask her.  Who knows what she thinks because Joshua has told her a bunch of lies, and honestly I don't give a crap.  She will never believe me over her son and I wouldn't expect her to.  I am not going to mention to Joshua that his mom stopped by.  I don't expect that she will either.    Whatever.  It is what it is.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So.... my exMIL stopped by (very long)

• Your Lo's are very lucky to have you as their mother, it would be nice if the father was more involved but in the long run all they need is you. Don't let your xmil get to you, she isn't worth the stress. You are a strong woman with beautiful children and thats all that matters! Hopefully you can enjoy the rest of the holiday in peace.
  • I'm so sorry!

Does hes question whether your son is his, or does he just not want anything to do with him?

As much as it isn't right, if he really doesn't want anything to do with him, forcing is going to  make it harder on your son. And your daughter is old enough to know when she does/doesn't see her father.

I'm really sorry you have to go through this! I can't even begin to imagine.

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry to hear you are going through this.  You are a very strong mom. Good for you for not just kicking her out, but rather being the bigger person and explaining some things.   She may not outwardly take your side over her sons, but in hearing you and seeing what is going on for herself (your dd being home not with him for the week), she will start to see things in a different light. Whether she admits it or not, you may see things from her actions.  It took my MIL a long time to come around and realize it was her son's doing, but she got there....  Hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday week....
    Kirsten DD 4-7-06
  • Gawd, she sounds like my ex MIL-believing in their POS son no matter what!  It is so pathetic that she is enabling him like that but you have to know you ARE doing the right thing by holding him accountable.  If she doesn't want to be involved in her grandhchildren's lives that is HER responsibilty and loss.  What an evil woman.  Tell her to go back to sticking her head in the sand like an ostrich and get out of your life. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You are so strong. I think I might have gotten halfway through the first page of the letter and taken my baby back and thrown her out. You are a wonderful mother and your kids are lucky to have you. I am sorry they will have to grow up with a douchebag for a father and *** for a grandma.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"