Baby Names

Spelling on "Mia"

Hi Ladies!

Anyone know of any different spelling for Mia? My husband and I have pretty much decided on this name...and it took us a while! LOL We all know how that is! And the only problem I have with it is that I wanted some type of different spelling...anyone have any ideas? Something more interesting and unique than just this common spelling...? :) Thank you!

Re: Spelling on "Mia"

• I think if you like Mia, you should spell it Mia.  Common spellings aren't bad.
  • This name came up the other day between DH and I.  How are you planning on saying it? Me-a or My-a?  If Me-a, then I like this spelling. If My-a, then I like Maya.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, "HisBoys"....You are right, if we like it, then why not keep it this way?! I just swear it took us forever to come to this agreement and I still don't know if we are in total agreement LOL!!! The worst part is...we are not even pregnant yet - just too excited! LOL And impatient...oh man...we all know how it is! :)
  • imagebrooksidebride:
    This name came up the other day between DH and I.  How are you planning on saying it? Me-a or My-a?  If Me-a, then I like this spelling. If My-a, then I like Maya.

Yes, we would pronounce it "Me-a" ....I think the two of you so far have already convinced me there is nothing wrong with this spelling...it's cute and simple. :) Thank you!

• I am 9 weeks pregnant with my first! It is so exciting. My husband and I have decided that if a girl we will name her Mia Rose. It is such a pretty name. Instead of just Mia I would call her by her first and middle name & I would expect people to do the same. I think Mia Rose sounds sooo pretty together :) Good luck with everything. Debbie (27) married to Kenny (37) on May 9, 2009 expecting our first July 28, 2010
  • I like the way you have it spelled in the subject areal.
  • Mia.

I love this name and it's so cute! It's my best friend's nickname. I think you should spell it like this otherwise it gets complicated and silly.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Another Nestie has an Amelia and she calls her Mia after Princes Diaries Movie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"