Success after IF
Options

IVF success stories with less than stellar embryos?

Hi girls - I'm fishin' for some feel good stories again.

I'm 2dp3dt with 3 embryos. (grading scale is 1-5) one 6 cell grade 3, one 6 cell grade 4 and one 5 cell grade 4. RE says the rate of implantation for grades 1-3 is the same.

he seems to think our chances are still good.

can anyone offer up a happy with less than perfect embryos?

as always, TIA ladies...
Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
The Dandelion Archive
"If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: IVF success stories with less than stellar embryos?

• Options

IVF#1 - Transferred Two grades 3&4 embryos both were less than 5 cells with severe fragmentation.  BFN. 

IVF#2 - Transferred Four grades 3&4 embryos all were less than 6 cells with sever fragmentation again.  BFP.  Pregnant with twins til 9 weeks lost a twin and went on to have DS he is 16.5 months old now!

With boths cycles my RE gave us a less than 5% chance of conceiving.  I'd say for a such a crappy embryo he turned out pretty good but I am biased Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

See my siggy.  We were giving a 5% chance at transfer.

Science doesn't explain everything.

Wishing you the best!!!

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, to quote my RE during the ET for ny BFP cycle when I asked how my emibes looked:  "Well, let's just say they won't be winning any beauty pageants!"  LOL

They had fragmentation, etc... - not pretty - but apparently one wanted to stick around and is now in my siggy!

Good luck!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My RE doesn't grade embryos.  She told me they were "just okay".  Always good to hear right before your ET right?  Anyway, I think the cell count was okay but they all had a lot of fragmentation.  We transferred three because of my age and embryo quality and two took.  Good luck!!!
  • Options
    We put three back because quality was compromised one way or another on all three.  One was pretty low grade (and they thought would arrest no matter what) and the other two were average-low average.  My clinic does it by number of cells then A-C for quality of the fetal cells and placental cells on 5 day blasts and I think we had a 4BB, 3BC and 2CB.  
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We transferred 3 6 cells at day 5, they were 1 female B+, and 2 males one B and one C. We are 21 weeks pg with a boy so either the B or C stuck.
  • Options
    We have a good story too. Went into IVF w/a 76% chance of success.  Got 7 embies out of it, all with major fragmentation.  Had to do a 3 day transfer because they "were not what they like them to look like."  Great-put in two and left the 5 to see if they grew more-they all arrested.  Our chances got cut in half b/c of major fragmentation.  The two we put back were a 6 cell C+ and the other was a 4 cell C grade, both w/50% fragmentation.  We're not 13 weeks pregnant and know we have a fighter in there. 
    Unexplained Infertility TTC 3 years 6 IUI's in 1 year IVF #1 10/10 ER-retrieved 9 eggs 10/13 Transferred 1 grade C 6 cell and 1 grade C 4 cell Praying for our miracle! Beta #1 10/23 77 Beta #2 10/26 151! 1/2012 Round #2 to start. Diminished ovarian reserve and morphology issues. How in 4 years things change...
  • Options
    Thanks for the stories ladies. You've given me some hope. Hoping one of mine is a fighter like yours!
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"