D.C. Area Babies
Options

Professional pics with 2nd child?

We did maternity and newborn pics with DD.  Wondering if any 2x mommies did professional pics for maternity and newborn with child #2, etc.  Obviously, if money were no issue, I wouldn't hesitate, but it is always an issue, especially these days. 

Re: Professional pics with 2nd child?

• Options

I think it'd be cute to have maternity shots w/ your DD kissing your belly and if you did newborn pix for #1, it'd be nice for #2, b/c you do want to treat them somewhat equally (especially if they ask about it later on)

we did not do any pro pix, we do all our own. I did do a photobook for my 1st pregnancy and am taking pix every week or so and I would like to do another photobook but time is not what it was the last time!

• Options

I only have one child so far, but as the youngest in my family, I say have the pictures taken :)  (Let's just say there are a few gaps in documenting my first year of life compared to my brother's first year!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't do professional maternity or newborn pics with either child, but I did 3-6-9-12 month pics for DD1 and have continued to do that with DD2. You can't treat them equally with everything no matter how much you try, but if this is something you can afford, I would do it. fwiw, I know a lot of people on here are anti-chain photo studios (like Penneys, Target, etc), but if money is an issue, I'd go that route. I've done a lot of my kids' pictures at Penneys and, while they don't take as many pictures as "real" professional studios, I always get some good shots and they are very inexpensive (there are always coupons out there for free sitting fee and $3.99 sheets).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If anything, you can definitely get DH to do some photos. We couldn't afford pro photos with DD but DH took some with our digital camera. At the time, we just had a little point and shoot. The key is to go into an area of your house which gets lots of natural light and turn off the flash. You can also get ideas for poses from some of the pro websites.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"