Baby Showers

Is this the perfect Gift?

I have a friend that is expecting a baby boy around March.She has been in love with the bellow nursery for  FOREVER and I just found this Bear rocker via here! The thing is I need advice. This rocker is almost $300 is that a stupid thing to give her since its so much money and the baby wont use it for a while anyways? What is everyone thoughts?imageimage

Re: Is this the perfect Gift?

• Personally, I wouldn't want someone to spend $300 on an item like that. 
  • imagesmorzandoj:
    Personally, I wouldn't want someone to spend $300 on an item like that. 

Ditto! I think $300 could be spent on something more useful for the baby.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with the PPs.

• Too cute...but I agree with the pps.  After 4 kinds I have found that my kids really don't get a whole lot of "play" out of rocking "horses".  I have 3 of them...all different kids (wood, plastic and spring that neighs!).
  • No. I would buy something more useful. Let the parents decide whether or not that thing is worth $300 to them.
  • She might just adore the whole feel of the room and not so much the rocker.  If someone was going to generously spend that much on me, I would hope they put their money to something my little one could use for longer.  
  • Absolutely not. But something more useful for the baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • It is cute but a total waste of money. I am sure she would like it but $300 could go towards something more useful and practical like a crib, stroller, car seat, swing, travel system and years worth of diapers exc.
  • imageNikki-Girl:
    If I was copying that nursery and didn't have the bear rocker, I'd probably want it. JMO

This. 

• There is a cute Nursery Horse Rocker from Pottery Barn Kids that is more in the range of $99.  This is a little better for a budget, and a gift receipt could be included just in case. This rocker looks softer.  Just being around my niece, I do not think it mattered how much an item was, there were just certain toys and things that appealed more to her.  

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products_r/nursery-horse-rocker/?pkey=bbaby-toys 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"