D.C. Area Babies

Midwifery Care Assoc.

I'm not pregnant yet, but I'm starting to think about what kind of birth I want when I do get preggo.  I would like to do a natural VBAC and think a midwife might be the best option to achieve that.  But my son was born premature, so I do want to have access to OBs in case there is a problem.  I know MCA is affilliated with Simmonds and Simmonds.  Can someone tell me their experience with MCA/Simmonds and Simmonds?

Re: Midwifery Care Assoc.

• I don't know anything about MCA, but my midwife practice in VA (Loudoun Community Midwives) doesn't accept VBAC patients. I fully support your intention to have a natural VBAC (I've had two natural childbirths) and a friend of mine just had a natural VBAC this past summer. She had to search hard to find a doctor who would work with her. The midwives that she looked into all wouldn't take her because of her previous c-sect. Like I said, I really don't mean to discourage you, just letting you know that midwives may not be the way you'll get to your goal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had no idea that many don't do VBAC.  Thanks for the info.
  • Loading the player...
  • I go to Perfectly Female (Ashburn/Reston offices and they deliver at Reston) and I had a c-s with DD. They said it's upto me if I want to have a VBAC for #2. I was very surprised b/c I thought most Drs won't allow it (or at least strongly discourage it) if the kids are less than 2 yrs apart. Mine will be 20 mo. apart. But they are fine with it. They do recommend a c-s for me and that's what I plan to do (and also get my tubes tied while they are in there), but this practice would let me do a VBAC if chose to.

The reason they are recommending a c-s is b/c the reason for 1st one was failure to progress and that's likely to happen again. DD was also born with the cord wrapped twice around her neck and my OB said it's likely she wouldn't have made it if I tried to push.

• I go to the Physician and Midwife Collaborative Practice, and they fully support my decision to attempt a VBAC.  The midwifes are the ones who are on the front line for most labors, but there is always an OB at the hospital in case an issue arises and a c-section ends up being necessary.  It is the best of both worlds.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"