Orange County Babies

How much does DH contribute...

I feel pretty lucky that DH helps out a lot. Let's me sleep in, watched DS alone for 3 days while I travelled for work.

I went to a friend's house over the weekend and met a couple that has a 6 month old. The dad does not change any diapers?! I thought this was crazy until my mom said my dad was the same way.

Re: How much does DH contribute...

• I am very grateful and thankful because hubby contributes equally. He also lets me sleep in, and will take DS for the day so I can have time for myself. But I also know of someone whose husband doesn't contribute much at all. And my dad didn't do diapers either. Still doesn't.

• My H didn't do much of the child care. He definitely changed diapers and would watch her, etc. But I did most of the child rearing. I do have to add that he would do 90% of the housework. So while I fed and bathed DD, he was cleaning the house. So in my eyes it was an even trade off.

I think most men are generally hands off. I know lots of couples where the woman does the majority of the work. Whatever the situation is, I just hope it works for the couple. 

• Loading the player...
  • we split everything, there isnt anything that i do more....i am very lucky.  during the school year, he actually does more because he takes him to and from day care.

yeah, this is definitely not the norm - according to many of my friends. 

• I'm lucky, too. My DH does a lot to help. If he's not helping with the baby, he's doing errands and stuff around the house. I don't know what I'd do without him.
  • DH helps with anything I ask him to do. He likes cooking so he makes dinner while I take care of DD. And on the weekends I usually clean while he takes care of DD. I am very lucky!
  • I am super thankful for my hubby. Since day 1 he has changed diapers and woke up with him during the night(even though I breastfeed).  Now that I am back to work he drops the baby off at his moms house in the morning and picks him up after work.  My mom told me my dad never did anything to help either.. ugh id be sooo mad if that was the case!!
  • My DH also contributes a lot ... doing many of the same things other pp's said. I'm very grateful as I've heard of some DH's being very hands off, esp with the diaper thing. 
  • DH has definitely always been hands on from the day DD was born.  He even helped a lot when I was trying to get the BF thing down in the beginning -- helped me get her latched on correctly, get the boppy propped on the couch, etc.  And of course he has no choice to be VERY hands on since he has been a SAHD up until now.  The house is a disaster area, but at least DD is well taken care of and happy.
  • I think my DH is doing  more than I am right now. I have been working long hours so he gets stuck taking care of DD all day plus cooking dinner. I clean on the weekends. But this is the norm for us, we help each other out so that we can both make to bed on time each day. I know my mom was not so lucky but those were different times and it worked for them.

I do have some friends that are amazed that DH takes care of DD - they really believe that he will not do as good as me while I think that they are doing their child an injustice for the dad not being more involved. We dance a to a different tune I guess.

• imageKristelRobin:
    DH has definitely always been hands on from the day DD was born.  He even helped a lot when I was trying to get the BF thing down in the beginning -- helped me get her latched on correctly, get the boppy propped on the couch, etc.  And of course he has no choice to be VERY hands on since he has been a SAHD up until now.  The house is a disaster area, but at least DD is well taken care of and happy.

Ha! We should get our DHs together. Mine thought taking care of DD was going to be all fun and play but now he can't wait to go back to work.

• imagelittlecorazon:

imageKristelRobin:
    DH has definitely always been hands on from the day DD was born.  He even helped a lot when I was trying to get the BF thing down in the beginning -- helped me get her latched on correctly, get the boppy propped on the couch, etc.  And of course he has no choice to be VERY hands on since he has been a SAHD up until now.  The house is a disaster area, but at least DD is well taken care of and happy.

Ha! We should get our DHs together. Mine thought taking care of DD was going to be all fun and play but now he can't wait to go back to work.

LOL, yeah, staying at home is hard work!  I think DH is also looking forward to working outside the house again, hopefully starting next month.  We actually went this morning to meet a family about a potential nanny share, so it looks like it's going to happen.

• DH did a lot once DS was born and till this day he is very muh hands on dad.... Since i had a c-section with DS when we were in the hospital I never had to change a diaper... I would BF, DH would burp him... once we got home between him and my mom I didn't even see a wet diaper once till DS was one month old...

DS is little over one now and it's still the same, DH tries to spend as much time as possible with DS when he is home from work and when I go somewhere he is right there with DS... He also does most of the gorcery shopping and cleaning around the house... he doesn't want me touching chemicals or dirty trash since I am the one who manily feeds DS...

I am so very thankful for DH :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"