Houston Babies
Options

helmets and tricycles

Do you make your toddler wear one? not on a bike with training wheels but on a typical tricycle?
-Clare
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: helmets and tricycles

• Options
    Yes.  Not so much because I'm worried he's at risk of tipping over and hitting his head (though I suppose it is possible), but more to set a precedent.  I'm hoping that if he has to wear a helmet from day one we can avoid fighting over it as he gets older.
  • Options
    We bought a tricycle for DD for Christmas.  We need to take her to pick a helmet after Christmas, but yes she'll wear it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

we try very hard, but he hates it and screams.  We force the issue outside.. However, it rides it in the house and we don't make him wear it inside...

• Options
    No....it's so low to the ground and so the chance of it topping over is pretty slim (will, for the metal one that I have...plastic may be a different story?)  She does have a helmet though, but that's for her roller skates and skooter. 
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options
    No, I never even thought about it, honestly. For a boke, YES, but tricycle, no.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    not for the tricycle.  Elena got a helmet when she got her bike on her 4th birthday.
    imageimage
    6-yr-old Elena and 4-yr-old Julia.
    My Blog! All about my girls and quilting
  • Options

imageCallMeKel:
    No, I never even thought about it, honestly. For a boke, YES, but tricycle, no.

that was why i asked! i noticed one kid had one once and i thought it was unusual. but most people i asked insist on it. i didn't think about it for a scooter either.

we never wore helmets with anything as kids either.  

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"