Baby Names

Anastine?

We found out this was the name of my hubby's great great grandmother and I really loved it when I heard it...but I just don't know if it's too weird and can't find it on any baby name site as "real." It's pronounced "anna-steen"... What do you think? Is this how you would pronounce it when reading it? His other great grandmother was Clara and we're really liking that one too!

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anastine?

• For the sake of family tradition, I would be inclined to use it as a mn, but not first name. How about Clara Anastine?

If I didn't know about the family connection, I would think it was a surname, not first name.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Clara Anastine.  But Anastine Clara I vote no on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Clara Anastine would be pretty, too.  Looking at the spelling, I'm inclined to say that I would give it a 'long i' sound instead of the 'long e' sound, but I can see how it could be pronounced "Anna-steen" kinda like the ending on Christine.

Proud Momma to two beautiful children!!!

• I'm not really a fan of it, but if you use it as a mn I think it's ok. I'd pronounce it correctly.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I think Clara Anastine sounds great..

I agree on the "Anna-steen" pronounciation :-)  I think it's sweet to use names from family too

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLeah&Jack:
    It sounds like a salve or a balm you'd put on a rash. Sorry. Use it as a middle name if you must.
    How bizarre - that's exactly what I thought when I saw it in the subject line.

Clara is pretty, though.

• imageRoxyLynn:

imageLeah&Jack:
    It sounds like a salve or a balm you'd put on a rash. Sorry. Use it as a middle name if you must.
    How bizarre - that's exactly what I thought when I saw it in the subject line.

Clara is pretty, though.

Yah. Same here.

• imageasickles98:
    I love Clara Anastine.  But Anastine Clara I vote no on.

This.

I know an Andristine, pronounced like you said Ann-drihs-steen.

• Looking at it I would think it looks like a slightly botched Norwegian name...

I would spell it Anna-Stine  and pronounce it (Anna-Steen-eh)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"