Special Needs

2 lbs in 6 wks !!!

After only gainning 8 oz in 6 months Max has now gainned 2 lbs in 6 wks, I am so flipping excited!

I really hope this is the answer I have been looking for. We were using his humidifier so much that we created a suface mold issues (wh/ he is allergic to mold). He would always have a cold it seemed and he was not eating and he was having diarrhea.

We changed his milk to lactose free (his HD gives him increase risk for being lactose intolerant) that increase his cals and fat and helped his poop. (but still was not eating due to the mold)

Then we removed him from his room and put him in ours until we could clean up his room. I also demaned an antiB after his cough and cold that got worse and worse. He has a hx of ear infection and sinus infection ( congested from a virus would sit in his sinus and ears and just sit and fester and then bacteria would grow)

so he was moved from his room and started on antiB the same day or just a day apart and w/ in days there was a change in him. I don't know if both was needed or if was just the mold or if the antib helped speed it up b/c like I said I noticed a difference w/ in 3 days!

He has been eating, and doing so well. The only thing bad that has happened is after we moved him back in his room I threw out the pillows that we kept under his mattress to hold teh mattress at an incline (all the congestion) well he started to burp (daily) and vomit (1x a wk) so he might have also had some reflux issues, so We just yestreday got some reflux meds to start. But he has gained that weight w/out those meds..

I am just so happy (and kinda fearful that it's not real or that he will lose it) I had to share.

he is now 20 months old and 22.8 lbs.! (oh and has a later bed time, maybe he has more energy from eating. lol)

I am not sure if I even told ppl on this board how his weight issues, but I am just so happy right now I had to share!

imageimage
Max 4-08-08 and Michael 2-03-91 (19 years olds)
image Both boys were born w/ hirschsprung's disease, you find yourself facing this dx, please feel free to ask me any questions.

Re: 2 lbs in 6 wks !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"