Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

I am so sick of lurking on boards and how much the lucky ones are always complaining of their pregnancies, symptoms, pains, etc.  I know I should not lurk... but I can't help myself.  I just want to slap them all and say get a grip... be happy that you are pregnant! 

So with that I will quickly introduce myself.  We have tried for years to be blessed with a baby.  On October 6th we got a positive test and had a great time until Saturday, November 28th.  I went to the ER because I wasn't feeling too great and wanted to be reassured.  Well... at the ultrasound they didn't even have to say a word, I knew the answer.  Our baby's heartbeat was no longer there and I was on my way to the inevitable m/c.  We were 11 weeks that day.   On Monday, November 30th, I endured 17 hours of the most painful, knock you to the floor contractions (sorry, there is no way those are cramps) as I went through a natural miscarriage.  I ended up back in the ER in the wee hours to be put on fluids and all that fun stuff.  Heartbroken, angry, sad, lost... that pretty much sums it up.  To top it all off I must endure my BFF and SIL's pregnancies (yes, they got pregnant at the drop of a dime on their first time trying) who are due three weeks before I was.  End of rant... sucks to be here.  Thank you all for sharing your stories, I realize I am not alone.

Guess I am having a bad day.

Re: ...

• I'm so sorry for your loss. The pain of my m/c was actually pretty close to the pain of my stillborn labor, so you are right, they are definitely not cramps. And I'm so sorry you have to deal with other close pregnancies too, that is so hard. I hope you are able to get through your grief well and take everything one day at a time. Personally, I try and stay away from people talking about being PG as it is just like putting salt on a wound. Just remember we are here for you.

(((HUGS)))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • I'm so very sorry for your loss.  You are allowed to have bad days and should feel free to vent.  The ladies on this board are great and have been a blessing for me. 

I feel your pain with the lurking.  I have to stop myself daily from going to boards where I know people are going to talk about their current pregnancies.  I even blocked some facebook friends who are pregnant and whose status' would always talk about their horrible symptoms.  Oh, how grateful would I be to be experiencing what they are experiencing right now.  

HUGS to you!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry for your loss.

I totally feel you on people complaining about their pgs...it just kills me inside.

BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• I'm sorry, I had a similar experience. Found out also on Saturday Nov. 28th that I was m/cing. Ended up in the ER for the excruciating pain (lol @ "cramps"). My sil is pregnant as well. SUCKS>

• Big (hugs) dear. I am so sorry for your loss, and for the pain physically and emotionally it's had on you. I totally understand how you feel about others who are pregnant. I haven't found myself to be angry towards all pregnant women. I know there are many out there who have been through losses, or lots of time trying, or who want their baby just as much as I wanted mine. But like you said - it's the ones who complain about everything about actually being pregnant/don't care that they are that drive me nuts. The ones who aren't prepared in any way (financially, emotionally, maturity) and get pg. on accident or on a whim, and then complain the whole time makes me want to throat punch them. Vent here anytime, we all understand.
  • I am very sorry for your loss.  {{hugs}}
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I'm so sorry for your loss. The stupidity of others will never surprise me. Like the girl that was complaining because it will be a whole 9 months before she can drink again. Its been a little over a month since my m/c and I'm at the point where I go over to the 1st tri board for a good laugh or to b!tch it out when I'm having a bad day. While none of us are happy to be here, we are happy to support one another. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Babywearing, cloth diapering, formula and breastmilk feeding, still can't believe I'm a mom, momma to my little man, two furbabies, and two angel babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"