1st Trimester

Is spiral ham ok to eat? : )

I'm at work and the cafeteria has spiral ham today and I can't stop thinking about it. Is it ok to eat? I am thinking of the deli meat issue - is this the same? Sory - I know this is probably a really dumb question - so thanks in advance for answering!

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

Re: Is spiral ham ok to eat? : )

• Yes
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you for asking this. I was going to have ham for Christmas dinner but wasn't sure if it was ok.
  • Loading the player...
  • Damn!  Now I want spiral ham! 

I guess I know what we're having for dinner!  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My doc explained the lunch meat thing like this -

You should avoid eating cold/room temp deli meats from places where it has been sitting out on the counter all day because it can be "contaminated" with Listeria. 

Warming it up (so, like toasting your sub) to at least 165 degrees F kills the bacteria.

Things like your Thanksgiving turkey, Christmas ham, etc, should be fine. But if you're concerned, just pop it in the microwave first.

• So funny!  I was just downstairs heating up my lunch and some one was heating up some ham.  It smelled soooooo good!  So I decided that I will make scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner tomorrow!  I'm excited!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I made a ham on Monday for our Girls Night Christmas dinner and it was sooo good!
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Thanks - Yum!  Il pop it in the microwave too just to be sure. : )

Looks like we have a ham frenzy! Stick out tongue

Blocked tubes due to ruptured appendix
    IVF#1 Ectopic - tube removed; FET#1 CP; IVF#2 BFP!
    Beta#1 13dpo 115; Beta#2 15dpo 248; Beta #3 20dpo 2215 U/S#1 6w1d HR 99; U/S#2 8w HR 165; U/S#3 10w HR 176 and moving all around!
    Bedrest at 28 weeks due to preterm labor; released to modified bedrest at 34 weeks; released to full activity at 37 weeks
    BabyNantucket born at 37 weeks 4 days 7lbs8oz 19in

Success is getting up just one more time than you fall down.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"