Georgia Babies
Options

RE's: ACRM or RBA?

Hi all....I am a fairly new middle GA resident about to try IVF #2 next year. We plan on going to an Atlanta RE this time (last one was in FL) but I still have not decided on which of these two.

My DX is DOR; it's been long established that I'll need DE. No other issues; no endo, uterus in great shape, etc. Very minor MFI on DH's end.  I've heard RBA is better for MFI, but DH's was no big deal with my last RE in Florida thanks to ICSI.

So...is one better than the other for DOR/DE?

Any thoughts welcome - thank you.

Re: RE's: ACRM or RBA?

• Options

I'm not sure about one better than the other for DOR/DE because my dx was different but I used ACRM for both of my pregnancies and obviously, I adore them because without them, I wouldn't have my boys.  The doctors are all great there and I would recommend them to anyone.

However, I've also heard fabulous things about RBA.  

There are a bunch of us who have gone to either RBA or ACRM on this board so I'm sure others will chime in.

My recommendation would be to visit both of them and see where you are more comfortable.  

Best of luck on your journey!

• Options
    We used RBA for our IVF and got pregnant on the first try with IVF (see miracle in my siggy) :)  They were great to work with and very professional.  Good luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We also had great success at RBA and were successful on our first try with IVF.  I would highly recommend them.
  • Options

I?ve seen Dr. Slayden with RBA for a year now. I absolutely love my doctor and his staff. I always feel like they are truly rooting for me. I haven?t done IVF or any experience with DOR/DE. But I absolutely love RBA!! The staff is excellent and I was extremely impressed with my last cycle when I had two weekend visits and that I was in for bloodwork, had an ultrasound and saw a nurse each time all within an hour or less. I expected a much longer wait for a weekend and limited staff.

My nurse actually donated her eggs to RBA before she started working for RBA ? for me that says a lot as I would have never come to work for someone if I didn?t enjoy my experience with them previously.

I also know two other ladies who have seen Dr. Slayden for IVF and one has twins and the other is due any day now.

Good luck!!

TTC #1 since January 2008 dx: PCOS, Hyperthyroidism 5 IUI's - ALL BFN IVF & FET - BFN January 2012 - Moving onto Domestic Newborn Adoption May 2012 - Home study approved!! June 21, 2012 - Our little man was born! July 7, 2012 - We got to bring our little one home after a two week NICU visit. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are working with Dr. Toledo (me) and Dr. Witt (DH) at RBA.  They have been amazing!  Dr. Witt has worked miracles on MFI issues.  Enough so that we were able to do IUI rather than going straight to IVF.  I have been so impressed with everyone at RBA.  They really seem to care and understand what you are going through.  In fact, Dr. Toledo just had a baby girl through IVF!  I love that he has been on both sides of the fence and truly gets the struggles of infertility.  RBA has been amazing about working with my OBGYN to try to get as much of this covered by insurance as possible.  He even let my OBGYN do my LAP and Hysterscopy and assisted.  He did not even charge us for his time.  That was amazing to me!!!!  He is so very kind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"