2nd Trimester
Options

sore ribs @ 18 weeks?

I know this baby is nowhere near my ribs, so why are they so sore?? Anyone else feeling this?
Baby #3
BabyFetus Ticker>

Re: sore ribs @ 18 weeks?

• Options
    YES!  I was just complaining to my mother that my ribs are killing me!  It feels like I've taken a beating.  I don't know why but I figure it's just part of the stretching, but I feel your pain.
  • Options
    I am 17 weeks and have noticed sore ribs lately no idea why.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As the baby grows it pushes everything into new places--your ribs feel the pressure.  My ribs/chest has expanded so much my bra size went up 6-8.
  • Options
    It's probably just your body expanding. My ribs always start hurting early and it lasts through till the end. Then they'll be sore as they shrink back closer to where they were when you started. Oh the joys of pregnancyWink
  • Options
    Just asked my doc about this today b/c my rib pain is constant, on my right side, and the skin over the painful area is numb.  She's said it's totally normal, and what's happening are two things: 1) the intercostal muscles over the ribs are being stretched and 2) the rib cage is expanding and rotating outwards to make room for the baby.  The only thing she suggested for relief is moving around, standing up for several minutes if you normally sit a lot, etc.  So pretty much we just have to take it  Crying
    Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"