Health & Exercise

Flax seeds?

I keep finding conflicting information on this, and wondered if anyone had researched it..

Flax seeds - good or bad when you are TTC and/or pregnant?

Some things I've read say they are good for you, others say they mess with your hormones and could potentially cause problems.

Re: Flax seeds?

• I consume flax seed quite regularly and did before getting pregnant as well because I won't consume animal sources of Omega-3s. ?I personally think that as long as you're not overdoing it (like eating it at every meal) you will be just fine. ?I have read that too much can cause uterine contractions, but even prenatal teas are said to cause that. ?I have found that you can Google anything during pregnancy and find things that say what you are searching for is bad. ?As long as you are consuming it in moderation, I wouldn't worry.?
  • I just asked my OB about this the other day. She said it is fine in the quantity I eat them (sprinkling on cereal and yogurt). You could find the same bad things about soy products too, but most people don't eat enough for it to make a difference.
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ive been using flax seed my whold pregnancy. I use it as a substitute for oil in baking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"