Special Needs

Has anyone tried Super Nu Thera?

My DS has PDD.  One of my co-workers has a DD with PDD and she gives her the Super Nu Thera vitamin.  She said that it helped her DD a lot.  I am planning on buying it, but just wanted to see if anyone else has either tried it or uses it. 

Re: Has anyone tried Super Nu Thera?

• I would first make sure you find a doc who is knowledgable in the supps dept....an experienced Naturopath who specializes in helping ASD children or a DAN dr. The thing with supps like Super Nu Thera is that they are not like your everyday multi. It contains many vitamins/minerals that are many times more the suggested daily intake level. Although this can be what your son really needs due to possible malabsorption of nutrients or yeast or whatever other imbalances he may have, it's best to consult this with a doc who will probably do initial testing to see where his imbalances are. My boy takes a multi that is sort of like Super Nu Thera, but he takes it under the supervision of his DAN and this multi was given to him to specifically address his defficiencies. He also has to take "supplement holidays" to give his body a rest from time to time. You know, supps are great, but they can also be hard on the body, especially since some ingredients in them are so much higher than the usual suggested daily intake. Hope it helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"