Health & Exercise

Weight loss and TTC

Hi,

I am very large and have a lot of weight to lose, but have been progressing slowly but surely. I was reading below and someone posted that losing weight right before TTC can cause your body to think something is wrong and not sustain life. However, DH and I plan to TTC in about a year. How big of a problem could this be for us, truthfully? I had not heard about this before.

photo maymommy2014.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weight loss and TTC

• That makes no sense to me. I've definitely heard of people who couldn't conceive until they lost weight, though.
  • I needed to lose weight to get pregnant. I lost 30 lbs in 3 1/2 months then found out I was pregnant. Doc said by losing the weight it got my hormones back on track and my body ovulated on its own. Ive never heard that losing right before conception will do that. Good luck with the weight loss. I did a mild version of Atkins and it worked great.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've never heard that before. My pregnancy books say that the health of the baby is greatly affected by the mother's health during the 1st trimester, so it's in your best interest to be healthy and at a good weight before you conceive. Good luck!
  • So about a year ago I wasn't ovulating on my own.  I wanted a baby so I lost 40 lbs and got pregnant!  Sadly it ended in a miscarriage and I gained a ton of weight back.  Now I am not ovulating again.  So my RE told me that my fertility problems are a direct result of being overweight.  I have about 80 lbs to loose overall, but I am breaking it into two chunks so it isn't so overwhelming.  Best of luck to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Alright Kaydark,...what's your secret?  How did you lose 30 lbs in 3 1/2 months?!  I'm having the hardest time losing weight...
    Together since 12/7/02, Married since 10/7/06, TTC #1 since 6/2010
    July 2010 IUI #1 with Follistim - C/P
    September 2011 IUI #2 Natural - C/P
    April 2012 IUI #3 Natural - BFN
    June 2012 IUI #4 Natural - BFN
    July 2012 IUI #5 Clomid - BFN
    August 2012 IUI #6 Gonal F - BFN
    August 2012 - forced break due to cyst image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"