New York Babies
Options

St. Anthony's in Warwick

Hey everyone,

I'm 7 weeks pregnant and this is my first pregnancy.  I know I have awhile but I'm starting to think about hospitals to give birth.  I went to a new OBGYN who I really like so far (we used to live in NNJ so I needed to find a doctor closer to home) and she is affiliated with St. Anthony's.  Has anyone had good or bad experiences there?  It would be very convienient for us since we live in Warwick. 

Re: St. Anthony's in Warwick

• Options
    Hi!  I am going to deliver at SACH too.  We went for a hospital tour the other day and I really like the intimate atmosphere there.  I actually chose my OBGYN because he delivers out of SACH.  I have only heard good things.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

***Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Roxyttandme!! It's a GIRL!! Charlotte arrived on 9/29!!!!***
    PGaL/PAL Always Welcome!!
  • Options
    I don't have any advice about L&D. But I can tell you that the ER is great! Hahaha.  We've been there twice with DH since we moved up here. They were very helpful, quick. They even did a follow up call the next day to see how he was doing! I know this board is slow, but there are girls that have delivered there! GL
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i work at several hospitals in the area (including sach) and changed my ob so i could deliver there.  it was absolutely an amazing experience. the nurses are amazing as are the doctors and anesthesiologist and operating staff.

feel free to ask me any questions about it, i'm an open book!!

• Options
    I delivered at SACH, and had a wonderful experience with the nurses and staff there.  My doctor however was another story.  If you're with horizon women's medical group, please reconsider.  PM me for more information, my doctor HUMILIATED me right after I gave birth to my daughter, and threatened me with surgery, telling me I wouldn't see my daughter, while he was trying to sew up my episiotomy and kept telling me I was going to bleed out.  When he was done he threw off his scrubs and stormed out of the room.  I started sobbing when I heard he was in the hospital the next day, and refused to see him.  I'd had a nightmare about him the freaking day my daughter was born.  Ugh, very negative experience
  • Options

imageavakatesmama:
    I delivered at SACH, and had a wonderful experience with the nurses and staff there.  My doctor however was another story.  If you're with horizon women's medical group, please reconsider.  PM me for more information, my doctor HUMILIATED me right after I gave birth to my daughter, and threatened me with surgery, telling me I wouldn't see my daughter, while he was trying to sew up my episiotomy and kept telling me I was going to bleed out.  When he was done he threw off his scrubs and stormed out of the room.  I started sobbing when I heard he was in the hospital the next day, and refused to see him.  I'd had a nightmare about him the freaking day my daughter was born.  Ugh, very negative experience

thats terrible.  i used the other group there.

• Options
    yea we looked into filing a lawsuit against him, but since there was no long lasting injury, there was nothing to do.  I just hate that you can treat people like that and get away with it.  
  • Options
    Wow that makes me feel really great about the hospital.  Luckily we've never had to go there since moving to Warwick about 2 years ago.  I think I am going to take a tour. 
  • Options
    I had my DS there (first baby) 3 yrs ago and it was a wonderful experience.  I highly recommend them.  The hospital itself is great, the nurses were even better and the over all experience was very positive.  I just gave birth to my daughter 5 days ago and had to use ORMC (Middletown) my new obgyn doesn't deliver at St Anthony's and I can honestly say it was a whole different experience - not bad but nothing near as intimate as St Anthony's.  Definitely consider them for the first time - it will make a difference to you.  GL  Kel
  • Options

imagekellygirl0515:
    I had my DS there (first baby) 3 yrs ago and it was a wonderful experience.  I highly recommend them.  The hospital itself is great, the nurses were even better and the over all experience was very positive.  I just gave birth to my daughter 5 days ago and had to use ORMC (Middletown) my new obgyn doesn't deliver at St Anthony's and I can honestly say it was a whole different experience - not bad but nothing near as intimate as St Anthony's.  Definitely consider them for the first time - it will make a difference to you.  GL  Kel

ahh, i wish i knew!  since most of the doctors (if not all of them) that deliver at ORMC are Crystal Run Drs, there are 4 of them that also deliver at SACH.  I also used to use a doctor that delivered at ORMC and adored him, but once I became pregnant switched my doc to these 4.  I've heard a lot of mixed thing at ORMC, but never a bad thing about St, A's.

• Options
    I was going to deliver at St Anthonys but decided not to because they do not have a NICU unit at the hospital. If anything was wrong with your baby they would have to send it I believe an hour away to another hospital for the NICU unit. I did not want to be put in that position so I switched to another hospital thats further away but I have peace of mind that I wont be seperated from my babies or have to travel right after giving birth to see them if they need the NICU. Just keep that in mind. Other than that, I have heard good things about them.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

My BFF (a pediatric nurse) delivered all 3 of her LO's a SA and her sis delivered her twins there this past fall!  Both of them had an awesome experience and said it's one of the best hospitals in OC!

My sister delivered at ORMC (I was also delivered there, as were my siblings) along with most of my friends from HS and it's definitely nowhere NEAR as nice as SA.

Good Luck and enjoy your pregnancy!

• Options

Hi,

I just delivered there last month. Over all it was a good experience.  The doctors are very nice and the nurses always came right away.  I found that the nurses were much more helpful during labor.  After I had the baby they didn't come around much and I had to page them to get cleaned up after my csection, pain meds, and other things they should have been coming around to do.  The pediatric nurses were nice, there were a couple that were snotty.  They def pushed formula for the baby at night even though I was BF.  One morning my baby came out of the nursery with a mohawk.  I think they were a little bored.

Anyway...overall I was satisfied and it was a much more intimate setting then you would get anywhere else.

Good luck

• Options
    I had my daughter there last year. I can't say enough good things about SACH. The nurses were amazing. I was there for almost a week after my c-section b.c of blood pressure issues. The nurses came in every morning and changed my sheets while I showered.. they always came in with fresh towels, water, and crackers. If it wasn't for the giant incision, I would have thought it was a hotel! 
  • Options
    imageCrazylaur05:

Hi,

I just delivered there last month. Over all it was a good experience.  The doctors are very nice and the nurses always came right away.  I found that the nurses were much more helpful during labor.  After I had the baby they didn't come around much and I had to page them to get cleaned up after my csection, pain meds, and other things they should have been coming around to do.  The pediatric nurses were nice, there were a couple that were snotty.  They def pushed formula for the baby at night even though I was BF.  One morning my baby came out of the nursery with a mohawk.  I think they were a little bored.

Anyway...overall I was satisfied and it was a much more intimate setting then you would get anywhere else.

Good luck

they actually aren't supposed to be coming around pushing pain meds - they want you to ring for them if you need them.  as for the formula feeding, i felt that it was quite the opposite - I was BF and they encouraged me to bring her in the middle of the night to feed. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"