Los Angeles Babies
Options

cedars, pump station sm, birth and beyond

Trying to figure out where to take childbirth classes, and if I really need the 4-5 sessions series or if the 2 session series are enough. Has anyone taken classes at Cedars (where I'm delivering), The Pump Station in Santa Monica, or Birth and Beyond in Santa Monica? What is your feedback?

Thanks!

Re: cedars, pump station sm, birth and beyond

• Options
    Also, same question applies to newborn care class (2 1/2 hours at Cedars, 4 hours and pricier at Pump Station).
  • Options

Sorry I don't have any feedback/opinions since I am not there yet. But I am also interested to hear feedback from others. Thanks for posting this.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks - I was considering that one too, as maybe 2 3 hour sessions would be enough. Was it the Prepared Childbirth Class with Lizabeth Baker-Wade? Or maybe the 1/2 day one? I'd do the 2 session one. It is certainly the one closest to my house! Please let me know who the instructor was. Also, did they have a negative attitude about epidurals? I know plenty of people who didn't get to have one even when they wanted one, which is why I really want to take this class, but personally I'm not opposed to having one, so I don't want a class that is against it.

I'll probably do a breastfeeding class at The Pump Sation, and then maybe the infant care at one of the two (Pump Station or Birth and Beyond). Just wasn't sure if I should do any classes at Cedars, or if these were superior, and if 5 sessions was overkill for a childbirth class.

• Options
    Thanks a ton!
  • Options
    Just popping in for the first time to say THE CEDARS CLASS BLEW.   Total waste of time and money, IMHO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"