Cleveland Babies
Options

child care help..stow/kent/akron area

we pretty much have our child care plans worked out, except there is 1 day a week where we need someone to watch DD.

If we can avoid daycares, we would be happy. DD has some minor medical issues, and having worked in daycares before, I know that staff isn't always 100% attentive..and we need someone that will be.

Can anyone recommend a baby-sitter group (if there is such a thing..i thought i had heard of a business that is just well trained baby-sitters..maybe i'm thinking of basically nannies)? Or do they know someone that can recommend to us? We would need someone on Tuesdays for a long shift of 9am to 8pm in our home.

Or, if push came to shove..does anyone know of daycares that are open late?

We don't have any family or friends that can watch her. And we have a month to figure this all out.

HELP!

image Jack was born 1/16/08, died 1/25/08 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: child care help..stow/kent/akron area

• Options

I can't help you out with specifics but I work in the early childhood field and honestly, I wouldn't put her in daycare, especially if she has medical issues.  Plus that is such a long day for such a little one to be in out-of-the-home care.  I don't know of any nanny agencies in that area but that might be a good place to start.  Also, with so many schools in the area, maybe you can contact some of the colleges and see if a college student might be willing to watch her on Tuesdays.  We had a college student watching our daughter for a while and though I was hesitant because she was young, she did a very nice job with her and it didn't cost us $15 dollars an hour (what some nannies want!).  We live near John Carroll and I believe there is some sort of list for people wanting to hire students.  Maybe Kent State or Akron has one as well? 

I'm not a huge fan of in-home daycares, but if you can find someone you like, that may be an option too, and I bet they'd be more lenient about the times (keeping her until 8pm).  I just think the "homier" of a setting you can find, the better.  Good luck, I know finding childcare is difficult...it's been the biggest stress for us by far. 

• Options
    I nanny!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Call Kent State's newspaper, The Daily Kent Stater, and put in an ad. Do it quick because classes will be out for the semester soon! You could also call the College of Education in White Hall at Kent State and ask about putting up a flyer. Many of the education majors will help baby sit for some extra cash.

If it was on Fridays you needed someone, I might have been able to find your somone.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"