Infertility

Would you POAS 7dp5dt?

I know I'm jumping the gun here, but I'm having my FET on 12/18, and Christmas morning would be 7dp5dt.  Would you POAS on Christmas morning?
Clomid x 2 cycles ..... BFN. 6/08 Gonal F with TI- BFN. 7/08 Gonal F #2 - IUI 7/11, BFN. 9/22/08 IUI #2 and Accupuncture - Chemical Pregnancy. 11/08 IUI #3 with accupuncture - BFN. 12/08 IUI #4 BFN. 5/09 IVF #1 ER 7/6/09, ET 7/9/09 - BFN. FET 12/18/09 - BFN IVF #2 -ER 3/6, ET 3/9, OMG - BFP!!! Beta #1 3/22 -332, Beta #2 3/24 - 701, Beta #3 - 14,889 - 1st u/s - TWINS!! SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME!!! ***Why can't 88 million sperm and 3 eggs find each other in an organ the size of a pear??*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins--not through strength but by perseverance. - H. Jackson Brown

Re: Would you POAS 7dp5dt?

• No. But I'm going to try not to POAS at all. Here's how I see it...

pros -

1 - If it's a BFP it will be the Best. Present. Ever!

2 - If it's a BFN and your family likes to party on holidays like mine you can drown your sorrows.

cons - 

1 - If it's a BFN it would ruin your holiday and you would have to hold it together in front of everyone on Christmas.

To me the prospect of having to hold it together in front of everyone would keep me from poas.

Good luck hon!

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • No- don't do it!  I am an anti-POAS - it would ruin your Christmas if it was negative- and you'd spend all day wondering if it was too early or not.

So just hold out until your beta.  I'd prefer to spend Christmas thinking I was pregnant and not knowing for sure yet.  

I hope your beta is great and you get a wonderful holiday surprise- whenever your beta is scheduled 

Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't. I would be crushed if it was a BFN, and I'd rather spend the holiday with my hopes still high. 
  • I think it would ruin the day if it's a negative, so I wouldn't.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am in the same boat as you.  If this cycle is like last we will trigger Friday and iui Saturday making Saturday 12/25 14dpiui.  However if this cycle is like last I won't even make it to 12/25 without AF. Anyway, I think I would POAS....I would want to know whether to drink or not.  DH's entire family has been on a baby watch with us since we are the last childless married couple.  If I wasn't drinking it would spark questions and assumptions. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wouldn't.  If this cycle is a bust, AF will probably show up on Christmas Eve... that will be bad enough on my holiday cheer levels.  I'd be devastated if I POAS and got a negative on Christmas morning, and I wouldn't be able to be cheery around family.  I'd hold off until 12/26 at least, so you can still enjoy your holiday.
  • I think you could probably get a good answer that day, but I don't think I would for fear of a BFN ruining X-mas.
  • imageDragonfly1226:

No. But I'm going to try not to POAS at all. Here's how I see it...

pros -

1 - If it's a BFP it will be the Best. Present. Ever!

2 - If it's a BFN and your family likes to party on holidays like mine you can drown your sorrows.

cons - 

1 - If it's a BFN it would ruin your holiday and you would have to hold it together in front of everyone on Christmas.

To me the prospect of having to hold it together in front of everyone would keep me from poas.

Good luck hon!

Exactly this!!

TTC since 12/ 06: H/Azoospermia Ivf#1 BFP m/c 5w3d FET#1 c/p FET# 2 BFN IVF#2 BFFN IVF#3 March/April
  • imagektwilley:
    I wouldn't. I would be crushed if it was a BFN, and I'd rather spend the holiday with my hopes still high. 

This exactly. I would try and hold out.

After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

• I'm in agreement with all of the other ladies and I don't think I would POAS.

• Absolutely.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I say I wouldn't...but I'm sure I would..if that makes sense? You have to be ok with getting a BFN and knowing it may be too early. I'm so bad at not POAS. I would try to hold off if you could,,but I probably wouldn't be able to. Sorry that wasn't much help!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"