3rd Trimester
Options

Question for Bradley method students - cost?

I'm over from 1st tri, and I'm considering taking Bradley method classes.  How much did you pay for your 12 week session?  Did your insurance cover it?

EDIT to change title for clarity - thanks Sapgirl! :)

Re: Question for Bradley method students - cost?

• Options

No answers on costs, but I totally thought you meant Bradley University!  My Illinois is showing...

Also, I have BC/BS and they do not cover ANY classes, much to my disappointment.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

My class cost $265. I haven't looked into if insurance covers it yet.

We've had one so far and it was a blast. Having my husband practice the massage techniques is alone worth it! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine was $165.  My insurance does not cover any child birith/prep classes.
  • Options
    Ours is 350$. COMPLETELY WORTH IT! It has really involved my husband and made us close. I am also feeling better about the birth and more relaxed about being pregnant in general:) Also if you HMO has a flexible spending account (FSA) you may want to see if you can use that to pay for your class. That way you can at least save on the tax. Our insurance did not cover it. We did this for the Bradley class AND our doula which helped out some. Again, I cant say enough about this class. Good luck in your decision!
  • Options
    We paid $300 for our class.. Our insurance didn't cover the classes but I totally recommend it!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    $250 here, and not covered by insurance, which is why we decided not to take it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ours was $350 and not covered by insurance.  I would recommend really getting a feel for the instructor before taking the class.  I like the Bradley method in general, but our specific instructor took things to an extreme that I was uncomfortable with (i.e. advised against all internals and all ultrasound-based fetal monitoring and recommended lying to your provider about when your water breaks).
  • Options

imagekcjessieb:
    I would recommend really getting a feel for the instructor before taking the class.  I like the Bradley method in general, but our specific instructor took things to an extreme that I was uncomfortable with (i.e. advised against all internals and all ultrasound-based fetal monitoring and recommended lying to your provider about when your water breaks).

Agreed.  Ours was $225 but the instructor was a bit flakey.  The class was good and my husband just reread the book to cover for any inconsistencies.  It makes the SO's much more involved in my opinion.

• Options

Thanks ladies!

• Options

$300-$400 range where we live.

It was by a private instructor so no insurance 

• Options
    We paid $250, and insurance didn't cover it. I was disappointed in the class, I had hoped there would be more talk about breastfeeding and newborn care, at least in the last course. I feel prepared for labor and delivery, but not really anything that comes after. In the description of the course, it said they would cover those topics at the very end. Pretty bummed, and don't really want to pay for another class at the hospital (nor do we really have time to).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"