3rd Trimester

Question - no contractions by 38 weeks?

I don't think I've had any. It seems that everyone has had at least some BH by 38 weeks but I don't think I have. If so, I either haven't felt them or didn't recognize that's what it was. Oh, and at my appointment on Monday I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced, and the baby had dropped.

Is it possible that I'm having ctx and not realizing it? Has anyone else not had any ctx, real or BH by 38 weeks?

Re: Question - no contractions by 38 weeks?

• i have yet to have a real contraction....i have been siked out, many a times..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Zero, zilch, nada. And I've been 1 cm and 70% for a month now, with a LO that is nowhere near dropping. I don't think I'm ever going into labor.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not having ANY and I am 4cm / 100%effaced.  Sometimes at night I will get a stomachache but seriously no contractions.  There must be some though, because something has dilated me to 4cm.  I do have a pretty consistent backache and my mom had back labor, so maybe that is it.  Nothing in my stomach though...
  • No contrax either, Nothing.....I keep waiting but nothing. Although these past couple of days I have alot of heaviness and some cramping. But I know this is not contractions :(
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • with my first pg i don't think i felt anything ever-until i was in the hospital for my induction.   i had no idea what anything felt like though.  this time-i have bh all the time all over the place.
  • With my first, I didn't have contractions until I went into labor at 41 weeks.  This time I've had BH starting at 16 weeks.
  • I haven't had any real contrax yet either. I have had some BH, but pretty sure I didn't start feeling them until a week or two ago (after 38w). You are more than likely having BH and not feeling them.
  • I had my first contractions today (and only a few of them) - nothing (not even BH) before this.  At my appointment yesterday I was 90% effaced and barely dilated but DS had dropped (even though I couldn't tell). 
  • nope, nothing here either, and I'm due in a few days! I'm not getting internals, so I don't know if I'm dilated or anything either. My last prenatal appointment, when she checked for his head (from the outside) he had moved down further than the prior week, so he's at least starting to engage. We'll see how long it takes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've had BH since week 18 but nothing I'd call a real contraction.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"