Florida Babies

Hair loss!!

I need help ASAP... just recently i have started losing my hair in big quantities. When i was pregnant with my son, my hair was so healthy and now it is just coming out in chunks. Some say is may be of the EBF. Could this be due to EBF?

Re: Hair loss!!

• Maybe? I lost hair like there was no tomorrow and I EBF as well. It slowed down around 6ish months and I guess that's when I introduced solid foods? Hmmmmmmm...
  • I EBF too and have lost hair now that I see this I'm thinking you're right, could be from BF, but question is, why?
  • Loading the player...
  • ok i feel much better now! i was freaking out because i though i was the only one who was experiencing this... but its good to know this might be something normal for EBF's. I was told that if you cut your hair it also helps lets see how it goes. Thank you all for your help.
  • experienced this as well - totally normally.  I could not ebf but i did pump for the 1st 3 months since DD was a preemie.  my stylist just pointed out to me tonight my 'new growth' on top.  craziness!
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I EBF and am experiencing the same.  My prim. care doc said it's b/c your body is channeling more protein into your milk vs. to your hair/nails, so it's important to take your prenatal vitamins and DHA supplements.  I kinda slacked on that, so now I'm back to taking them daily and it's much better.
    imageimage
  • oh wow its going to take a while for it to grow back! i just hate looking in the mirror, it is soo noticeable now. i am this <> close to pulling a britney spears and shaving my head haha
  • oh thats the reason why it is falling out! thank you...atleast now i can explain the reason why i am bald in certain spots lol yea i just started taking my prenatal vitamins again hopefully that helps very soon!
  • The reason it is falling out is because while you are pregnant, you don't shed hair.  So the hair you are losing now is because of a drop in estrogen and is just the hair that you didn't shed for the prior 9 months.  The same reason that most babies' hair falls out, a drop in estrogen.  This is pretty common knowledge, a simple google search is all you needed.  Wink
  • Well thank you for that explanation but please excuse me i am a first time mom and i found nothing of hair loss and that is why i turned to this site for help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"