Illinois Babies

Pre-Natal Yoga

Does anyone know of any great pre-natal yoga classes/centers in the northern burb area? I live in Wheeling, so I can travel to North shore or Northwest burbs. Thanks! :)

Re: Pre-Natal Yoga

• Sorry, my places are all closer to me- I know Wheeling is a bit of a haul, but since you mentioned you can go to the Northshore- I took a great mat pilates class when pg w/ DD at the Glenview community center, through NorthShore (formerly ENH). You can view classes on enh.org. My yoga instructor at the gym recommended Blossoming Life Studio here in Evanston for a variety of services, including prenatal yoga. I've always heard great things about Bloom Yoga Studio, but that's in the north part of the city. I also came across this directory:

https://www.birthlink.com/directory/yoga.html

Just some ideas- sorry, they all might a bit of a trek for you, but GL in finding something- prenatal pilates/yoga has been so great for both pregnancies and I highly recommend it for anyone. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There are classes associated with my hospital in Park Ridge. Theres a yoga and a water class. Not sure if this is still far for you. A new set starts on January 11th.

https://atyourschool.youritdept.com/ahc/jsp/Calendar.jsp?TYPE=M&YEAR=2010&MONTH=1&DAY=4&SESSIONID=1260239091841 

• Loading the player...
  • LOVED my prenatal yoga class at Total Body Yoga in Mundelein. They have a website...
  • I really enjoyed fertility yoga at Pulling Down the Moon in Arlington Heights (they have several locations around Chicago) and they also offer pre-natal yoga as well.
    TTK 9/06 / TTC 10/08 / Twins 12/11 / Life Blog
    5 REs + 3 surgical hysteroscopies for septum/lap + 3 failed IUIs
    IVF w/ICSI/AH & acu = BFP!, unexplained spontaneous m/c @ 8w2d (our little girl),
    FET w/acu = BFP!, B/G twins!, lost MP @19w, dx w/funneling cervix @20w,
    twins nearly lost to IC @21w, saved by rescue cerclage, 17P & 16w of bedrest
    Our twins born @36w4d via CS when A came foot first

Thankful for every day

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My boss actually just opened a new yoga studio in Glencoe and they have a great pre-natal class on Sundays.  The website is www.breatheyogaglencoe.net. 
  • I go to classes at Total Body Yoga in Mundelein. Rachel Dewan is the instructor, and she's terrific. Pre-natal classes are Tuesday evenings and Saturday afternoons. The first class is always free for you to try it out. Their website is totalbodyyoga.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"