Birth Stories

Joshua's Birth Story

Joshua William was born November 4th 2009. We went into the hospital at 6pm the night before for a scheduled induction. I was 37wks and 3days. We had a amnio that morning and everything looked great with Joshua and his lung development so the Ob called to schedule the induction. I was shocked when she said how about at 3pm today.. I was not ready at all. I was in the car with my husband and on our way home. Our DD was still in school so we had to go for 6pm so she could be with us as well and i could find someone to watch the dogs.

We get to the hospital at 6pm. By 7pm the pit was running and we were getting settled in. From 7pm-12am I had dilated from 2 to 4cm's. 12am  the doc comes in and gives me the epidural. I wasn't going to get it but now am very thankful I did. I slept from 12:45am-5am. The nurse said she came in and checked my Blood sugars and vitals and I didn't flinch once. I was out! At 5am I woke up and called the nurse into the room because I was super uncomfortable. She checked me I was at 5cm. I thought oh wow that's it! from 4-5cm in that much time. So I called my mom and told her not to bother coming down until around 7 or 8am. Mistake! At 6am I called the nurse back into the room and she checked me because the back pain was bad and pressure and she said I was 6 and a half. Well called her back in at 6:30am and I was 9 cm's! that much that fast. By 7:30am I was pushing and by 7:49am Joshua William was born. When the pushing started I was in stirrups or whatever. Well I had enough of them and enough of the waiting so without warning and like some crazy person I grabbed my own legs pulled them forward and started pushing. 3 big pushes later and a total of 19minutes altogether of pushing Joshua was here. 8 lbs 6 ounces 21 inches long. 2 ounces less then what the u/s on Monday had predicted. We couldn't be more blessed to have him in our lives. Oh and I had GD during my pregnancy and the entire time I was in labor my sugars were in the 70's and 60's. And with my GD I had horrible numbers and was on a high amount of insulin which is why we had to deliver early.

TTC #3 since June 2011. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Joshua's Birth Story

• He's beautiful! I'm glad you get a break from the GD. It's amazing that you could do the work you needed to in the 60's. Good job and beautiful boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"