Infertility

Ovidrel vs Pregnyl

I have heard of Ovidrel before, but my RE prescribed Pregnyl. Has anyone used this before and what is the difference? The information that I found seems like Ovidrel would be the better choice? Im confused.
DX: Unexplained IF/possible PCOS 5/5/2010 Surprise BFP! After 2 miscarriages and many prayers, our angel is here:) Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Ovidrel vs Pregnyl

• I have always used Ovidrel, but during my consult with CCRM, Dr. Minjarez mentioned that she doesn't like Ovidrel because it yields fewer mature eggs than Pregnyl, which is what she would have used with me.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • the only thing I know is Pregnyl can be very difficult to get..DH is on it (no gasps necessary) but we inject HCG to increase testosterone...well it is like $32.00/month of injections...Novarel is the same med as Pregnyl. We get that when we can't get the pregnyl b.c the manufacturer has it on backorder. Novarel cost $280.00

However, I have only used Ovidrel for my IUI's

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"