Birth Stories

I need help making decision!

Had bad experiance with my first..... even though it was 9 years ago. I don't want want an epi but not quite for sure if I can handle no meds.. maybe I am stronger than I think, but I don't know how many opions I have out there on what other methods I to choose from can ne one help????

Re: I need help making decision!

• They have other medicines they can give you through your IV to "take the edge off" but you will still probably feel much more pain than an epi. Your doctor is probably the best person to discuss all your options with.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Things that can help you go natural:  Yoga, Bradley Method, Hypnobirth.....I had my baby without any drugs at home in April.  Had a been at the hospital with a nurse coming in and offering to take the pain away, I probably would have caved.  But you can do it....My husband and I did the Bradley Method and we practiced, practiced, practiced......Positive affirmations and visualization throughout the pregnancy helped too!

You CAN do it! Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • imageWhitneyRaf:

Things that can help you go natural:  Yoga, Bradley Method, Hypnobirth.....I had my baby without any drugs at home in April.  Had a been at the hospital with a nurse coming in and offering to take the pain away, I probably would have caved.  But you can do it....My husband and I did the Bradley Method and we practiced, practiced, practiced......Positive affirmations and visualization throughout the pregnancy helped too!

You CAN do it! Good Luck!

All this, plus a DOULA. I went med-free as well and she was absolutely great while we were at the hospital. They can be quite expensive, but I hired a doula-in-training, who was free of charge. GL!

• You should really look into the book and classes called "Birthing from Within"  those really helped my friend after her first bad birth experience and she has gone on to have two med-free births and her third she was so comfortable that she had it at home.  I learned Bradley in classes for my first birth and then read that book (among many others for my second), but didn't take the classes, but she says the classes are great.  She also was very inspired by the birth stories in Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.

You can do it and it can be a wonderful, empowering experience!

The Big Sky Country Welcomes Us Home!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"